Looking For Sucess Stories..Does it Last? Is it the same?

This is to anyone out there who broke up with their significant other and then got back together after a period.

I'd love to know how long the NC period was (if you had one) and is the relationship better now? Did it end on bad terms where she/he said "never again" so "don't get your hopes up" and "we're done forever".

Well i broke up with my Girlfriend of 3 years, it ripped me apart i was down and out for a good four months, i never did no contact as i am not a fan.

Anyway we are working on things at the moment and are discussing things that we never did before we are more open and trusting. I'm not 100% sure why this didn't happen in the first place but its still a little funny because we are still only seeing each other but if things continue.....

Not the best story but i can see things getting better mich better than they were b4.

i have a friend who dated a girl for a couple years. One day she said that she thought the "romance was gone" and all that other stuff. She totally left him. He started dating someone a couple months later.....about three months into dating someone new she came back. So about a total 5 to 6 months of them being apart.

Its been about two years since that has happened and they are still together.

i have a friend who dated a girl for a couple years. One day she said that she thought the "romance was gone" and all that other stuff. She totally left him. He started dating someone a couple months later.....about three months into dating someone new she came back. So about a total 5 to 6 months of them being apart.

Its been about two years since that has happened and they are still together.

That's nice. I'm kind of going through the same things. I don't know where it will go, but hey, if it's ment to be, it will happen.

Any more?

My bf of 3.5 years (at the time) broke up with me... he said he loved me but it just wasnt working out and he needed time.. he wanted to be free etc etc...

We remained friends but barely hung out or talked and one night he called and asked me for coffee (not too long after the breakup where he actually moved out of my mom and I's home).... he was acting so weird the whole night but I was acting cool and calm cause I just wanted to get over him... then he tells me it was a HUGE mistake and he knew he only wanted to be with me.... HE had been a MAJOR jerk for a few months before teh break up and when we got back together things were amazing.. for only 6 months.... now... after being with him for 4.5 years we arent together anymore (3 weeks ago) but he still says he loves me and wants to work things out..

My g/f of 2 years broke up with me about 1 month ago. The break up was more of a "break", but to me there both the same. We both really knew that we loved each other, and each of us wanted to keep in contact and try to maintain a friendship throughout the whole time. We ended up needing NC for a week, since during that time both of us had met someone new, and needed to see if our feelings for each other were really "true". We both realized that we wanted each other more than the other person, and so she called me and asked to talk. I asked her if she would like to talk in person, and we ended up having a great night out on the town. We've been back together for about 2 weeks now, and our relationship is better now, since for one we both know that we are the only one we want to be with, and because we both were able to realize what drove us apart, and are able to understand what needs to be changed for that to never happen again. So far things have been great, we communicate a lot more than before, and we both have a higher level of respect for each other and for the love that we share. So I guess that's my success story, and even though it's only been 2 weeks, I know that this will last till the end of time.

me and my fiance of 6.5 years broke up in may. still talked a bit but kept our distance. in sept. i realized what we had and tried to get her back . did all the wrong things. she vtold me to move on and we would never be together again. she was seeing someone else and wouldnt even talk to me. her rebound only lasted a month . i got sick of being on a emotional rollercoaster ride and started n\c in october and in the first week in nov. we ran into each otyer and things were friendly . a few days later i phoned her and things went so great that i asked her out and we went out and had fun . she brought up about us and how she missed me . we has sex a couple of days later . a week later i had a conversation wiht her and we decided to start dating again . the way we put it , we will be a step above dating and date each other exclusively. this was awesome. a new chance . she is hoping for us to get our love back to the way it was .

and i am going to try to do anything i can to acomplish this . anbody have any hints .