It really hit me the other day..

Furbys

Hey everyone, I don't tend to post threads asking for advice like this but I need some as I dont know what to do. Some of the stuff I will say will probably sound pathetic, but dont point it out to me as i already know.

I have been happily single for over 4 years now. I have enjoyed the freedom and just focusing on myself. But the other day it just hit me how lonely I really am and I have felt like utter rubbish since. (Here comes the pathetic part) I started watching a show on TV and i thought the presenter was pretty damn attractive and I havent found a guy that attractive for ages. This presenter has been stuck in my head as he is my ideal type (looks, style, humour etc) and I have been watching a lot of the shows since. I cannot express how he is the type of guy im looking for, but obviously that is never going to happen because its a celebrity. I just wish i could find a guy like that in real life.

I stupidly joined twitter so I can follow some friends, people i watch on youtube and I obviously followed this presenter. Now i just feel like a complete idiot because i feel like im acting like a teenager (Ive tweeted in the hope ill get a response). I get the silly dreams where somehow we meet, we become a couple and im happy, but obviously this is never going to happen but you cant help but wish lol.

Ive been on a few dating sites and i just don't see anyone on there I find attractive. I have met a couple of people off there in the past but they were just messing me about and i gave up on it in the end (I tried both free and paying sites).

I just dont know what to do about my feelings, i have a stupid crush, i feel like rubbish because i cant find anyone in real life, i havent found any guys attractive for ages. I just dont know what to do, i feel like i will be single for even longer and im not happy with it anymore. I really feel low, i get teary easily, my heart feels like its sunk all the time, its just a horrible feeling and i just dont know what to do.

I hope this makes sense as i dont tend to explain myself very well when i talk about my problems.

I'm dying to know who this presenter is! Honestly I don't think you need to worry too much. Celebrity crushes are nothing unusual and having done online dating I understand what it's like to be disappointed. The only thing I'd say is that if you meet someone who's only 'ok' then maybe give them a chance as they might grow on you...when you have a fantasy crush you might be subconsciously comparing real people against the ideal (which of course isn't real). But take the pressure of yourself. Dating is just meeting new people, it isn't an attempt to find a husband.

Archived