I'm 26, he's 19..

turnthepage

Okay.. I have tried so hard to not let this happen and as it is nothing has but I am really starting to get feelings.

We are both in our first year of university. I thought he was my age and was so shocked when I found out he wasn't. I thought okay, we'll be friends. Nothing has happened as of yet.. I do not even know if he likes me. But last week we went out after uni at 4 for a friendly drink as he was down and we ended up staying until close and have a great night. We had our arms around eachother and he told me it was a night he would never forget! Without being cliche, we clicked and had not one silence in 7 hours.

Anyway I saw him today for the first time since and after uni we were walking in the same direction. I told him I wanted to go in some clothes shops and he just followed me in and when I tried to walk out he would say we haven't looked at the back or upstairs.. It seemed like he wanted to prolong 4 shops. I know this is mean but i said you should go home.. He was like fine then and we said our goodbyes. I just felt like he wanted to go out again and I knew that would advance this. Though I genuinely don't know if he likes me.

So, is this wrong if it does go anywhere? I think some vital info is that i am very very career minded and he is family minded and has always said within our group of friends that all he really wants it a family. I know our opinions seem contrasting but I am emphasising that this is not a classic I am 26 and want to settle down at all.. I've still yet to travel and do many things I want to. Also, my mum died recently and he has been supportive and has quietly asked if I am okay and if I want to talk. We take the same degree and are hugely passionate for it.

As I said he may not even like me I'm just seeking the opinion of strangers as my friends are so overly liberal and see no problem. I am a strong lady and I have been in college and university for the last three years of my life and have certainly not felt anything for anyone of this age at all. I am very picky generally. i know my worth and take a lot of pride in who i am and have been single over two years. Equally I will get over this if I have to.

Thanks if you have read this far

I dont see anything wrong with it. He is over 18. There could be problems in the future as I have found with men in their early 20s. They just wanna party and have fun and every guy I have been with between the ages of 20 and 26 have cheated on me. I say live in the present though! If it feels right, go for it. But I am guessing it either doesnt feel right, because you are second guessing it...or..you are worried about what other people think. Honestly....screw what other people think. This is your life and your decision

I think you shouldn't dismiss the idea. My sister is 27 and with someone that is 21, they are madly inlove, have been together for almost two years. They are at the same stage in life and get on superbly, although sometimes she has to make the mental note to dismiss is lack of life experience, but that doesn't make her love him any less.

Just because he wants a family now doesn't mean there is any desperation for it. He sounds to me like he would be happier with someone older and together than someone his age. You seem to get on so well! I would just wait and see what happens, if nothing else wouldn't it be nice to have this person as a good long term friend?

Sorry about your mum as well.

Archived