it would never work, right?

hey everyone i need some help. ok, i was working and this guy asked for my number, i have never given my number out but this guy was just so low key and really nice, and he was cute, so i thought ok...i told him im really young, (16) and hes like so am i (21), and im like i dont live around here, and my parents are really tight, and that im not allowed to go out and how it would never work and hes like its ok, we can just talk. im like okay...and then since yesterday hes called me about all together...7 times...we talked about 3...my dad was kind of pissed, so i told him that ill try my best to call him and that he should download messenger so we can talk there. coversation has been really good and i do like him, but im trying to let him know it would never work, and tonight hes like i really like you, and how he would like me as his gf like pretty soon, and im telling him it wont work, but hes determined. what do i do? i mean by talking to him is it leading him on? i love talking to him, someone mature with a great personality, but i just know that it would be at least 2 years before anything could really happen. and hes like well what if i come to your school can i see you then, i dont know what to do! any advice or comments are reallly appreciated! thanx!

Ummm, you already know the answer. He's 21. Trust me, he's got more on his mind then just being your conversation buddy for the next 2 years. Cut off contact with him. Like you said, this can be considered statutory rape if you two have sex, and he can get arrested and put in jail! Plus, it's sounds kinda creepy that he wants to see you at your high school. Stay away from this guy! He's trouble!

hey thanks, i agree with not telling him about my high school and keeping him far. but is there anything wrong with keeping in contact with him. plus, the age difference is not a MAJOR CONCERN to me, as in if it could work, five years is not that much, but right now it is. however, i told him that i cant give him what he wants right now, that because of our age, even though it doesnt affect our connection that we are just in different places in our lives-i have made it all very clear. he seemed to really enjoy talking to ME, and i feel as if its harmless to talk. especially if i let him know that nothing can happen at least right now, and not allow him to come to my school and what not. i have not told him what school i go to and don't plan on it. its just it was really nice to talk to him and i think he felt the same. do you guys feel it is really that strange and dangerous? i would NEVER have sex right now and that also is clear to him...i mean its like meeting people online, but i just was wondering if it would be leading him on...i really dont think its that dangerous...or even that strange, how do others feel? i do appreciate the input annie, because it does make me think a little more. any more advice is really appreciated.

Oh I'm kinda nervous for you because at your age it's a bit of a difference between 16 and 21.

This is what I think: as long as you keep talking to him he is going to think he has a chance. The best thing is to tell him that you can't be a girlfriend to him anytime soon and cut off all contact. I think that even if you only talk to him on messenger you are going to start liking him more and he may try to pressure you into doing more than you are ready for. So best thing is to cut him off.

Your parents care about you and they are looking out for you. I think if you feel scared in any way you should tell your mom about it. I was younger than you (13) when I had this 21 yr old guy after me--my mom knew all about it and protected me in a sense. She talked to him.

So be careful with this.

Good luck

I agree with everybody. I find it strange as well that he is asking to meet you at your school...sounds like a possible stalker to me. Don't you watch them detective programs? Most kids disappear before getting home from school.

Cut it off, if you bump into him in a couple of years great. Calling a 16 year old girl 7 times in one day is a bit obsessive...and I never trust people that are obsessive.

DBL