bad idea? Need 100s of replies!!!

Moving on...slowly but surely...still in love but trying to let go...

I sorta kinda maybe a little bit like this other girl...she's 19, goes to Jacksonville State, home for a coupla months, HOT in the body, pretty in the face, beautiful and sexy all over. Don't talk to her much, but I do talk to her. A couple of my acquaintances had been ribbing me about asking her out, so after a little nervousness and a drop of sweat I finally did today after knowing her for 3 weeks. However, it was, "Do you want to go see (movie's name) with me and a (friend's name)?" and then she asked what time it was for and where we would meet. And I asked for her cell number and she was about to give it to me and I said we could just meet at the theater if she wanted to, so she didn't write it down. So then I clenched my fists and tried my best to keep my eyes open and asked if I could have it anyway.

She gave it to me and we said bye and i walked away a little more happy.

Now I couldn't tell you how new I am at this, but I'm asking for a definition of what did I just do and was it a bad idea? I still have strong feelings for my coworker-want-to-get-back-together-ex-girlfriend but the status just isn't getting any better and I'm attracted to this girl so much I'm embarrassed to say I (get a little too excited when I'm around her and even moreso when I think about her. it's so bad even as I'm writing about her

So maybe i've found someone new?

You think this new girl's hot and it doesn't sound like you've talked to her too much. I think it's a rebound, but be carfeul with this, cause you don't want to hurt this new girl in the process. Get to know this new girl better and see what she's like before stepping up to the next level with her. Also maybe make sure everything with your ex is completely over, cause if not, the rebound may come back to haunt you.

I love to make predictions, so everyone remember and see if this is true:

you will go with the beautiful girl to the movies, but be too nervous to say much of interest to her. She will be more interested in your friend.

the other girl will be angry at you for deceiving her and still she will want to be with you.

You'll let her be with you for a while, until...another hot girl looks your way in Spanish class.

I really liked your response, I'll come back with what happened...

but I still want to know if it was a bad idea to ask someone else when I know things aren't closed with "the other girl".

Why can't she just come to me and tell me how she really feels about me, then I won't have to worry about her, I would know. She says no chance of it, go with hot girl, she says otherwise, continue working with her and possibly go on from close friends to something better.

Everyone is pretty unsure of how they feel about everything it seems. We all want the best car, the hottest date, the best time, but the real world isn't always fun and exciting! The real world is boring sometimes, don't repeat this-- this is just between the two of us, but it is true.

You could marry the hot chick and get the best degree at the highest college and still wonder what everyone else is doing.

That is just how we are as humans, that is how we are different from the animals, that is why we have art and literature. Because we wonder what others are like, who is the best possible fit in your case? I don't know, make your coworker jealous and she could leave permanently or she could chase after you, it is impossible to predict human nature.

Just start to think about the present, that is the only time that you can control. Before your date with the hot chick, think about some thing that will relax your brain, like a long run or what ever you like to do to make you feel good about you. That is how you attract a really good mate, show them who you are, uniquely, and make sure they remember you.

Be really spontaneous, that got her attention, didn't it? Everyone likes a bit of a character, and I bet that you could pull that one off. Don't worry about the coworker, go forward and have a great time.

Give the hot chick your number and have her call you at work, that will help shake things up, I guarantee it!