When to say " I love you. "

Metazoa

Me and this chick have been hanging out / going out consistantly, pretty much everyday for a couple weeks now. In this time she has said that she doesn't like when guys say " I love you " too early. We have great times together though, and I'm feeling I truly do love her but I don't want to say it and possibly have a problem.. So I am wondering what you ppl think on it and about when you say I love you to the people yous date.

Given her statement, which I consider fairly extreme coming from a woman, I would not say "I Love You" first but wait for her to say it first. Once she says it, you can assume that she's comfortable hearing it. Otherwise, who knows how soon is too soon? Some people don't say "I Love You" until they're engaged. You can show her you love her through your actions.

I am not sure how old you are (I am assuming you fairly young), but it takes more than couple weeks to REALLY get to know someone. It takes more like 3 - 6 months. How can you "love" if you don't really know them. That is probably the reason why she doesn't want you saying it, you don't really know her, and quite frankly after only two weeks it comes off as clingy and needy. Right now you are in the "honey moon" phase of a relationship where you see everything with rose colored glasses,they can do no wrong, and they are perfect human beings.

Me and this chick have been hanging out / going out consistantly, pretty much everyday for a couple weeks now. In this time she has said that she doesn't like when guys say " I love you " too early. We have great times together though, and I'm feeling I truly do love her but I don't want to say it and possibly have a problem.. So I am wondering what you ppl think on it and about when you say I love you to the people yous date.

Honestly the girl is right, not just guys but people especially kids and teenagers use the phrase I Love You, far to often. I know how you feel and after a couple weeks its really hard to say if you truly do love her. Not saying you don't crazier things happen but I would sit back and relax and see where things go. When she finally drops the big L word then its okay for you to say it. I just wouldn't rush it. In my previous relationship we did not say I love you until like 4-6 months, I know some people wait a year. Like i said be patient.

I would be concerned that she is afraid of guys saying i love you metazoa, I think there may be some past issues there...

Yeah, I think its because of her last relationship that she doesn't want to get hurt again. The dude was an ass from what I've heard.

To everyone that replied I appreciate it. I understand that a couple weeks is early, but when I know myself how I feel then I don't like to deny it. I haven't said it yet, but I can't shake the fact that with her atleast I feel it is true. I understand things can change down the road, I'm not doubting that stuff can happen, but in the moment I feel shes the one right now.

I would be concerned that she is afraid of guys saying i love you metazoa, I think there may be some past issues there...

Not to be rude, but it doesn't matter if you know yourself. After two weeks, you don't know EACH OTHER. Take your time. Lots of relationships end even when people are initially 'so sure.'

True. I hear you, and get what your saying. Like I said I haven't said it in the off chance. Thx for your response.

Love is not a fleeting feeling. It's an experience and a process that you go through over a period of time with someone. If you still 'love' someone after they have a rough time and you see them at their worst and in their darkest hours...then you probably 'love' them. Love is not all about sunshine and flowers. ..and just being 'happy'. Love is selfless....and sometimes it takes months......if not years to find this.

Archived