Checking for Jobs in Other States

I just graduated with a BS in healthcare administration. I want so much to move the **** out of VA and would like to know how to check the status of jobs in other states. Whats a good site??? I'm thinking staying on the East Coast like MA, CT &/or even Hawaii.

Do I need to bring with me say my birth certificate & or tax stuff from H&R Block from the years I've been working? I'm not working now

Hawaii not on the East Coast....just kidding...and it is very expensive to live there.

It all depends on whether you are looking in public or private sector. MA has HUGE healthcare industry --- and one of the first "mandated" healthcare laws.

You need to have your resume and a drivers' license to prove you are who you are. Never heard of anyone asking for birth certificate or tax returns.

Do I need to bring with me say my birth certificate & or tax stuff from H&R Block from the years I've been working? I'm not working now

I hope that you find a job before you actually make the move. I would take those things when you do move because you may need the birth certificate to obtain your driver's license and the tax papers too, just because they are important papers.

it is a requirement wherever you work in the U.S. that you provide a birth certificate and social security card (forms of identification) to prove your identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. You usually only need to provide that though if they actually hire you on your first day of employment.

These are websites you can use to search nationally:

link removed

link removed

link removed

A lot depends on the industry and type of job you are looking for... there are specialty sites for various professions like link removed for IT workers.

I hope that you find a job before you actually make the move. I would take those things when you do move because you may need the birth certificate to obtain your driver's license and the tax papers too, just because they are important papers.

Yeah, look for a job before you move. The economy is so bad it could take up to a year to find work. And I'm saying that as someone from Canada, where the economy is slightly better than in the States.

Also, before you get all caught up in where to live, do some research as to what you can expect in salary (link removed) and what the cost of living there is. The attractive East Coast Cities (NY, Boston, DC etc) and Hawaii. The cost of living in these places is way above average while your new salary as a recent grad may be below average

I just graduated with a BS in healthcare administration. I want so much to move the **** out of VA and would like to know how to check the status of jobs in other states. Whats a good site??? I'm thinking staying on the East Coast like MA, CT &/or even Hawaii.

When you get a new job, I think you will now need to provide a driver's license and your birth certificate and social security card to prove residency - or a passport or some combination of the above. So definitely have those on hand to save you some trouble! Times are different these days...

As far as where to move, I am on the west coast so I can't help you. But New England is sure lovely, and if Mass. has a lot of healthcare jobs then that might be your best bet.

Archived