struggling to trust my boyfriend

roxieheart22

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for nearly 2.5 yrs now but we have been friends for 12 years, best of friends for the last 5. We took the big step to become more than friends eventually after realising there could be more to our friendship and that we were both deeply unhappy in our current relationships at the time. It took us a while to finally give it a go and it has been great, the best thing we've ever done however, despite promising each other right from the start that we would always be honest with each other as that was a key problem in both of our previous relationships, I don't feel I can fully trust him and im so weary of being hurt again. I don't know if its just me being insecure or not though?! Basically I feel he knows so much more about me, my life and my history, skeletons, etc than I do about him yet I feel I cant ask him stuff that I would like to know (for no other reason than the fact id like to know as much about him as possible and bits that nobody else would know) I guess partly for self esteem issues so that I feel important to him and trusted by him. But then I have also discovered a couple of things purely by accident which proves he is hiding stuff from me and I don't know what to do?! I feel its eating away at me. The other issue is his dad, they are best friends and whilst that is great and they are lucky to have such a great relationship I somehow feel 2nd best all of the time which is probably just me being jealous but whenever there's a problem he goes to his dad and I always end up being the last to know which makes me feel worthless sometimes and perfect example was tonight, he broke down on way home from work but didnt call or let me know for hours so I was worried sick something had happened but he had called his dad straight away... Am I wrong to feel this way? What should I do? Please help me. Thanks in advance!

Archived