About a year ago my boyfriend and I of 5 years broke up over an issue that we just couldn't agree on. I know that if we stayed together it never would have worked but I'm still completely in love with him. Two months ago I called him and decided the issue didn't matter anymore, I loved him and was miserable without him. He told me he had a girlfriend but she was just a distraction and he was still in love with me. For a month we talked everyday, we would tell each other how much we missed each other and how much in love we still were. Finally after a month of this we were finally going to meet in person (he worked out of town.) We had lunch and spent a few hours together. I was so excited because I knew this was the day we were going to officially get back together. When we started talking he started acting really strange and finally confessed his "distraction" of a girlfriend that he had only been dating for 3 months was pregnant and they were engaged. I've never in my life felt the way I did at that moment. A punch in the stomach would've felt better. He knew the entire time we were talking that she was pregnant and never said anything. I feel like I'm broken inside and nothing will ever heal my heart.I've tried going on dates but they always make me feel depressed. I compare everyone to him and feel like I will never love anyone the way I loved him.

I don't know what to say other than that I'm so sorry that happened to you, that is awful... The only positive is that at least you dodged a bullet, because a guy who tells his ex for months that he still loves her while dating his pregnant fiancee... is not the kind of guy who deserves to be with you.

What a shock!

It is heartbreaking to have to let go of the one you Love, for this kind of reason, and to have to endure the fact he is having a child with someone else.

All you can to is accept there is a reason all this happened. Focus on the negative aspects of your r'ship with him- Do not idealise or romanticise the good times.

You are going to need professional help/therapy to recover and move on from something like this.

He and she will more than likely regret their impulsivity and carelessness.

It would unlikely work with you two even if the OW chose to not have the child.....

It is important you acknowledge the absolute reality of this situation - there is no hope for you and he.

It is tragic. I totally empathise.

The only words of hope I can give is that on such journeys of extreme emotional pain we do undergo changes within that are major in learning the lessons we need to learn in this lifetime.

Feel the pain - cry your tears - and you WILL find your inner strength. Accept and let go.

Take Care and focus on creating a life you deserve.

Archived