He is not interested right?

dark angel9

I have done a little online dating and from my experience, every time I met a guy - it was either completely obvious that we are NOT hitting it off or it was obvious that we are. When I judged that we are, they always asked me out again.

Last night, I met a guy and we had a great time. The date lasted 4 hours and only because I had to leave. Great conversation, lots of laughs...

I was 100% that he liked me.

However, didn't hear from him today so I texted a great time last night" he responded with "Me too! I really enjoyed getting to know you better. Hope your day is going well" I responded with "Yeah, few hassles at work no biggie. Hope your day is going well too. We should catch up again some time". He responded with "Hope you feel better about work stresses. I am visiting my parents....."

He didn't address my part of "we should catch up again" at all.

Am I right in assuming he isn't interested?

I know how when you care, every hour of mystery can drive you crazy. But ultimately, you'll have to see from here. The message you sent was good and friendly, enough to let him know that if wants to pursue things further you are on-board.

As far as why he didn't address it? Maybe he wants to setup via a phone call and not text. Maybe he doesn't want to show his cards right away and leave a little tension and mystery before he asks you out (nothing gamey about that really, it tends to backfire on us guys if we don't keep you girls guessing sometimes). Maybe he didn't think it was a big deal not to address it.

Or yes, maybe he was avoiding that but being polite. You really don't have enough information, but in short time you will. Until then, remember he is probably great and it was fun but at the end of the day the relationship won't fulfill you and he's not a saving grace, just a good guy that you have to take a wait and see approach with. Enjoy life in the meantime, you'll know soon enough

I think he wants to be the one who suggests catching up again, or not. He seemed a bit cool on your suggesting it. It probably would have been better when he replied to the first text not to reply to that one, or just reply briefly that your day was going well or whatever but without adding 'we should catch up again...' because I think he already guessed that you wanted to, hence you texting him! His first reply sounded only polite, to me, and the second one sounded like politely blowing you off. I don't think he's interested. I don't know if he would have been interested if you had left it to him to initiate contact after the date. That's my reading of it, anyway.

I think he wants to be the one who suggests catching up again, or not. He seemed a bit cool on your suggesting it. It probably would have been better when he replied to the first text not to reply to that one, or just reply briefly that your day was going well or whatever but without adding 'we should catch up again...' because I think he already guessed that you wanted to, hence you texting him! His first reply sounded only polite, to me, and the second one sounded like politely blowing you off. I don't think he's interested. I don't know if he would have been interested if you had left it to him to initiate contact after the date. That's my reading of it, anyway.

I don't think that me suggesting catching up scared him off or anything. It always worked for me in the past. I just think that he isn't/wasn't interested. I have been in the dating game for so long that I know how guys act when they are interested.

Also, I seem to lose interest really quickly if a guy doesn't sound enthusiastic. I have pretty much forgotten about him now, and don't care if I don't hear form him again.

I agree. Look I know you've been dating a while and that being the "aggressor"(i.e. asking the guy for a second date) might have worked before. But some men get turned off by aggressive or "forward" woman, they like to be the ones doing the chase, and they like to be the ones to initiate a date because they like being the pursuers. When a woman decides to take on that role, it can turn them off or make them lose the thrill of the dating process. Like I said you could truly have dated plenty of men that this worked on, but numerous studies have suggested that most men prefer to be the aggressors in the early dating process(even if they complain that they don't). I think in the future a great way to gauge a man's interest is to just allow them to be the ones to text you after the date is over and let them be the ones to suggest the next date. In addition don't send more than 1 text message to someone in one day unless you're having an ongoing conversation or he asked you a question, especially someone you just dated. After you sent him that first message telling him you had a good time, and he responded that he did too, you should have left it alone.

We don't know if he's interested. You haven't given him enough time yet lol. Be patient. Like I said, he could have been planning on asking you out on another date but then you asked too soon and too forward and it scared him off.

He hasn't done anything to show he is not interested. Stop overthinking. He's responding to you, right? Don't jump to conclusions, because then he definitely WILL go that route! Just keep talking to him. Maybe he simply didn't respond to that.

Quite. Maybe he was in a hurry, or distracted, and didn't really notice that sentence, or forgot to reply to it.

Here's an important thing to remember about dating: Not everything is meaningful. They aren't necessarily weighing up every word of every text as carefully as you are. That doesn't mean they're not into you, it just means they're more relaxed about it than you.

Well, looks like this is moving nowhere.

He still hasn't suggested getting together. He does text me a lot, and initiates texts by asking me what I am doing and how is my day going. I hear from him every few hours. He also visits my dating profile all the time.

It's just weird.

Archived