I have a panic attack if I can't get in touch with my bf

I don't know what's wrong with me.

I've been dating him for 5 years, he is trustworthy, all of that..

but I cannot stop myself from having these panic attacks when I cannot talk to him.

I call him.. no answer at his house. Cell phone is either off or no answer.

He is faithful-- so I don't worry about that.

I am just always generally worried and panicky out of my mind if I can't hear from him. I dont even really know what it is that I worry about. I just do.

Does anyone else here have this problem or any advice for me?

And no, I don't have any friends to hang out with to pass the time or get it off my mind. I know that would help probably.

And no, I don't have any friends to hang out with to pass the time or get it off my mind. I know that would help probably.

That is absolutely the problem! You have made this guy the sole purpose of your life, practically. He's certainly your only source for human companionship, and that is not a good thing at all.

Why don't you have any friends?

It sounds like you are very dependent on him for your happiness perhaps and your life is rather centered around him/your relationship?

You most definitely do need your own friends and interests. A relationship is NOT 1+1=1, it is 1+1=1+1+1. That means two complete people with their own lives coming together and having a life together as well as apart. It is healthy, and good for relationship too!

no offence but thats a little creepy. I've never heard of anything like that before and if my girlfriend were acting in a manner such as that, i really dont know how i would help her out of it.

If you're so dependent on your boyfriend, you may want to try to work on that. If anyther would ever happen betwen you two (dont worry) then you're really setting yourself up for the disappointment of a lifetime.

You do need to watch yourself. If a girl is too clingy in a sense, a guy will get freaked out and turn away from her. And I'm sure nobody wants that for you. So, find some stuff to take your mind off of it! If you can't reach him in either ways that you mentioned, read a book or a magazine, do something on the computer or if you're still in school, study for a test or just study in general. Doesn't sound like much fun, but it might just take your mind off of it so that you're not freaking yourself out. Best of luck!

Why don't you have any friends?

I don't have any since High School. I only had 2 and we lost touch. I'm in college now but I don't click with anyone at all.

It's absolutely true that I need to hang out with friends, but I don't have any.

I told him I feel upset when I don't get in touch with him right away, and he told me not to haunt him, not to call him too much, etc. So I'm happy I only said I was upset and not going crazy.

I don't know what it is with me lately, I think I've lost my mind.