Why do some people change so drastically after a break up?

BlueKitten

Why do some people change so drastically after a break up? It's like they go 180 and become and entirely new being. For example, if you look at Chris Brown and Rihana it's like they both went off the deep end when they broke up. Their music, style and attitude seems so different from what they used to be. There are also a few girls I know that after their bf broke up with them their entire style changed too and one of the girls even seems kind of jaded....

Why does this happen though? I feel like I am a different person but I haven't gone out, cut/colored my hair, gotten an entirely new style of clothes or anything. I just feel smarter, more mature and know that I won't make the same stupid mistakes I did in the past

proving to themselves they are someone special. realizing that they wasted years in a relationship..

emotional stress does different things with everybody. nobody walks coldly away from someone they spent more than a year with. be it dumper or dumpee . different is only how you handle those feelings

I get what you're saying, but I think you picked a really bad example. Chris Brown beat Rihanna up and now for some reason she's decided that's excusable and she's back with him. That makes them both crazy, in my eyes.

Beating a woman up as a man is not something that's forgivable to me. Every bad thing that happens in this world can be put into one category: ABUSE OF POWER. Whether it's stabbing someone, robbing an old lady, raping some helpless girl, or even down to a bully pushing a small kid around... it's all ABUSE OF POWER. It is NOT something that people should overlook. Abusing one's power is something that people should not excuse, forget, and brush under the rug. Yeah, people make mistakes. Beating up your girlfriend isn't a "mistake" though.

Sorry, I know that's not really the point of this topic, but if you're going to pick an example to back up what you're saying you should pick a better one.

Archived