How old would I have to be....

I have heard that doctors are very reluctant to perform this on young women who have never married and usually only go ahead when they are much older, or for other medical reasons. That said, I guess depending where you live, you could be lucky enough to find a doctor willing to do this for you.

When I was 26 I dated a girl that was 24 that had one. She already had one child though. I don't think it's ever too early, but make sure you're 200% sure you never want kids. I used to say the same thing in the my 20's and now that I'm in my early 30's I've changed my mind.

When I was 26 I dated a girl that was 24 that had one. She already had one child though. I don't think it's ever too early, but make sure you're 200% sure you never want kids. I used to say the same thing in the my 20's and now that I'm in my early 30's I've changed my mind.
Yes, I'm 200% sure. If a doctor allows me to have a lugal ligation, I'll go for it right away.

The way I see my life: I want to finish my major and afterwards find a partner that likes travelling a lot that way we'll get to know different places (France, The piramids of Egypt), throw parties sometimes, etc but not forming a family.

I noticed men can get a vasectomy done on them without hesitation while doctors won't allow us to get a lubal ligation or are more hesitant with us. So basically this means they assume that a man who expresses his lack of desire for kids is taken serious but not a woman; they always assume we're change our minds.

have a lugal ligation (tubectomy) performed on me. I'll be turning 26 on April and I never wanted kids.

I'm dead serious. I don't see myself spending 18 years of my life raising a baby and have thought like this since I was only 13.

If this is a medical question, you should ask a doctor. It should be a simple answer (I don't know what it is).

If you want a comment or opinion, mine is that what we want or think we want can and does change. If you don't want kids now, there are less dramatic ways to avoid having them.

Don't close off options just for the sake of it.

This is in your signature. I think it is quite appropriate in your situation ...

If you're gonna do something, think twice and make sure it's something worthy that you don't later on regret!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I'm 200% sure.

You can't be. You can be 100% sure ... until something changes.

The way I see my life: I want to finish my major and afterwards find a partner that likes travelling a lot that way we'll get to know different places (France, The piramids of Egypt), throw parties sometimes, etc but not forming a family.

Sounds good. Keep your focus, but that in itself doesn't sound like a good reason to close off an option you might want in years to come. Honestly, the reason so many people might say to you that you might change your mind, is because so many people do. One of the hardest things to learn in life is that when we think "but I'm different" or "this is different" ... we discover that we're not or it's not.

I noticed men can get a vasectomy done on them without hesitation while doctors won't allow us to get a lubal ligation or are more hesitant with us. So basically this means they assume that a man who expresses his lack of desire for kids is taken serious but not a woman; they always assume we're change our minds.

I think it's more likely to be because a vasectomy is reversible (with difficulty) ... but take that as an uneducated layman's guess, not a medical opinion.

What is very interesting is your comment about what other people assume. Don't put yourself into a situation where you might contribute to people's invalid assumptions - listen to people who have been down the road you're contemplating.

I used to say the same thing in the my 20's and now that I'm in my early 30's I've changed my mind.

Archived