Missing ex compounded by <> family

So I've been having a pretty bad day today. Can't even explain why but I've just been pretty miserable and unenthusiastic.

The negativity just got worse when I started thinking about my ex and then my family, being the heartless wankers that they are, made things worse yet again.

It's times like this where I wonder why I even bother. There really is no point in being nice ever is there?

You may or may not agree with this, but it's an idea that helped me stop wrecking my life: The only true way to win kindness and love from other people is to offer it to yourself first. This attracts kind and loving people. The opposite is also true. When you're cruel to yourself, this attracts cruel people--it speaks their language and invites them in.

I hope you are being kind to yourself, and I hope you'll feel better soon.

I try my best. This thread is probably more appropriate for the family section but oh well.

More problems occurred today. My brother (who is older and supposedly more mature) was belittling my achievements and ambitions.

I mean seriously, what am I supposed to do. I would love to disown them but I can't get away until I have enough money too.

It's times like these that makes me sad my ex left me. She always knew how to cheer me up. Hmmph

Archived