star554

First off, I think I just get a huge emotional relief by posting on ENA. So thanks to all the wonderful people here for the support.

We broke up about a week ago. And we've been in touch ever since. The first 2 days were awfully bitter and it was just really me spamming him. But last 2 days have been both of us talking/texting back and forth. But I'm not sure that's been good for me. When I spoke to him on the phone 2 nights ago, it was good and I felt good. When we texted yesterday, it wasn't the same as us dating; the texts themselves were distant. He was being friendly but gosh, I'm just used to more. And I'm honestly afraid to start a conversation because I don't honestly trust I'll get a response back. And the worst part is, I stare at my phone until I do (like now).

The thing is my ex and I decided on something a little unconventional. In a week, I'm going out of the country for two weeks. And we go to universities about a 100 km apart. I'll be at his university for an event when I come back. And he told me that we'll grab coffee then to catch up. Ofcourse, I'd love to spend time with him... but I can't help but feel like that's my chance to get him back. But that may not be on his mind... maybe he really does just mean coffee. And I'm spending my time thinking about how it'll play out... Even though, the whole point of the break up was so that we can focus on ourselves and "rediscover ourselves". And this amazing trip that I was suppose to go on next week, I'm actually more focussed on coming back from it. And I just keep hoping that he does in fact see me when I visit his University and that he doesn't change his mind in the next 2 weeks. Ugh, what's wrong with me?

We broke up about a week ago. And we've been in touch ever since.

Right there is your answer. Everyone for the most part will tell you the same thing. If you are broken up and want to heal/move on/get him back, whatever you have to lose contact for a while. I'm sorry this happened before your trip as your mind will obviously be focused on the break up.

I suggest you don't meet up for a while and let him see what it is like to not have him around. I don't know the history or reasoning of the breakup but I guarantee this advice is for the good of you both. We have all made the classic mistakes so don't worry about it. There is nothing wrong with you.

Archived