I want this to be my VERY LAST personal thread. New comers PLEASE READ!

I came here back in July very stressed and extremely heart broken. My ex drove me crazy this past summer and had her hand in sending me into depression this semester of college. Long story short, she replaced me in less than a month and I had to travel back to my school in Oklahoma with a heavy heart. I was so depressed that I gave up football in my senior season (well,that was one of the reasons). I didn't start focusing on school until about two months ago and even then i still had trouble doing my work. I'm quite sure i got a D or two which will force me to have to take those classes again online. I let this girl, her bf and her mother drive me completely nuts. The sad thing is that this was mainly over Twitter. Yes, Twitter. These people had been stalking my twitter and assuming that i was always talking about them. In reality, in the beginning I took some shots at my ex when i was drunk, but who cares? lol

What I'm trying to tell you new guys is to take the advice from the people on this forum. We all go through this BS and your story isn't unique at all. It's life. Your heart WILL be broken at some point! My advice you (especially young men my age) is:

*Stick to No Contact. I mean ABSOLUTELY NO CONTACT. PLEASE! No texting, calling, facebook, twitter, instagram NOTHING. It's just going to hurt really bad.

*Don't worry about them being with someone else because in all reality they are going to move on. They will be with someone else.

*Surround yourself with friends and family. These people love you and would never quit on you like your ex did.

*Do things that make you laugh.

*Change something about yourself and find a new hobby.

*Again..Don't EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVEEEERRRRRR contact your ex. EVER!!

That's it folks. Hopefully, I'll never have to post a sad, ridiculous thread again because I know how to handle crap like this now. And as for you new people who are going through it and think that youre the only one going crazy just READ MY POSTS. You'll feel just a little better about your situation. Trust me.

Take Care. I'm on my way back to New Jersey

Great post mate

We were both on here about the same time so I have been following your posts and progress. I am so pleased that you have turned the corner and the advice you have given is priceless. If we had only heard this at the start we would have been alot stronger and NOT contacted them..........lol

Anyway take care but make sure you come back once in a while to update us on your new life.

James

Archived