How would you approach this?

DaXMan

Lately in school, I noticed two things and I need your help on explaining to me what it means:

1.) What do you do when a girl probably knows you like her? Now this is a little bit different than the question mentioned. I had asked her out a couple weeks ago, but she said she doesn't have time for a dating relationship right now (she's been sick too). She did say she wants to get to know me better. I feel this did bring us closer together in terms of us knowing one another. In the class I had with her today, I caught her looking at me and when we made eye contact, it was for over a second and we both said hi with at least some enthusiasm (quietly though cuz the teacher was talking and we sit two rows away).

A problem though is that some of her friends might know, one of which I kinda wish didn't know. We were talking after class and I hear this other girl murmur "Oh my God!" like she knew something. My alabi is that I'm "just trying to get to know her better" like she suggested if she was even a little bothered by this (she isn't). I also feel I have been very good at hiding my interest directly, which is a good thing because....

2.) It seems girls "like" me when I'm myself and not when I show a sign or two that I "like them". This seems so true it's almost scary. There was a girl I know who hated me when I liked her and now it seems she may "like" me when my "crush" for her has worn off for several months. It seems girls like me more when I'm not directly showing I "like" them. Now, how could I master this and perhaps get the girl mentioned in question #1 to "like" me? I've been trying this so far, but I don't want to openly give it away.

Thanks.

I'd say just be yourself...don't hide anything, even the fact that you're interested in her. Before my boyfriend and I started dating, we also gave each other time to get to know each other. In that time, we went on each other's family vocations, swimming, each other's houses, phone calls, talking online...just pretty much anything you can think of. It really helps to see each other outside of school. From what I've read I'd say she already has a crush on you...so be the bold one and ask her somewhere, just as friends. Or invite someone else along with you. Make it a group activity where you and her can talk and get closer in a way.

JyNx

From what I've read I'd say she already has a crush on you[/b]...so be the bold one and ask her somewhere, just as friends. Or invite someone else along with you. Make it a group activity where you and her can talk and get closer in a way.

Thanks for the advice JynX. Hopefully, you are right about what I bolded from your quote. I remember what she said whem I asked her out and she pretty much said this (paraphrased):

1.) "You're a really nice guy but I think right now we are better off as frinds. I'm really busy with school and a lot of other things"

2.) 'I definitely want to be friends with you"

3.) "I'm not looking for a dating relationship with anyone right now".

Obviously she didn't "like" me then, but I still feel I have a shot. It's been 2 weeks since and I know her a bit better now than I did before. I have confidence that I can "reel her in", but I have to make sure I know what I'm doing. Also, when I asked her if she wanted to go somewhere the day before I asked her out, she said yes immediately (she thought it was a friends) and this came after I made a "not-great" impression at the Homecoming Dance (too tense).

What do you think?