He's replied to my message

RGS

See earlier post:

He's replied to my message with the following (btw first bit is in reply to the YouTube clip I emailed him, not anything crazy):

"Ha! You don't know the pin to my voicemail do you? ;-)

Not sure what to say but I'm here if you ever fancy another awkward convo in the pub x"

I need to ignore and revert to NC right? I know this seems insane asking but i honestly need you to tell me this, he's just looking to keep me on a hook isn't he?

Incidentally I can rule out getting back together because I gave him this option on Sunday. I told him that in my opinion there is no point giving up on a relationship that was working, surely we give it a go and then we both know for sure if it Doesn't work out. Yet he didnt respond. He's had this option so why am I hanging around!! The solution is staring me in the face, sometimes it just take people asking you the right questions to get clarity. Thank you, please do keep up the encouragement though, I need it.

This is what you posted earlier today. I understand this is not a walk in the park, but you have to simply look at it as, if he wanted to be with you he would. Disappear from his life, he knows where to find you...

No I don't think he's looking to keep you on a hook, I think yes he's a bit smug in his message, but at the same time he probably didn't know how to react to your youtube video and message and the part "I'll miss you" attached on the end.

I would say that message is his way of being polite to you. So absoulutely do not text him for his birthday in two weeks, and just start NC today.

No I don't think he's looking to keep you on a hook, I think yes he's a bit smug in his message, but at the same time he probably didn't know how to react to your youtube video and message and the part "I'll miss you" attached on the end.

I would say that message is his way of being polite to you. So absoulutely do not text him for his birthday in two weeks, and just start NC today.

I agree. Let this go now.

Yes he is pretty smug isn't he. Why is he smug, because he thinks he's got me? Makes me so angry, especially as it was him who suggested going for a drink on Sunday not me, his message almost implies it was my idea and that I'm desperate or something!! NC definitely starts today. Incidentally I told him I'll miss him because I didn't plan on seeing him ever again, maybe the penny will drop for him in a few weeks.

Yes he is pretty smug isn't he. Why is he smug, because he thinks he's got me? Makes me so angry, especially as it was him who suggested going for a drink on Sunday not me, his message almost implies it was my idea and that I'm desperate or something!! NC definitely starts today. Incidentally I told him I'll miss him because I didn't plan on seeing him ever again, maybe the penny will drop for him in a few weeks.

Don't worry about his smugness and whatever he thinks about you at the moment. He might think he's got you on a string now, but the penny will drop for him for sure when you don't contact him on his birthday. Starting from today you go NC for good and that will show him how strong you are!

He's not being smug, you're way overthinking it. He just wanted to end on something friendly since you've had time to cool off, and you're sending mixed signals yourself. Four months isn't very long when you give your heart and soul to someone, but you've got to recognise reality and stop hoping for more. You're holding yourself back all angry like this, so yeah cut the contact and march right on.

...Easy huh?

Archived