How does getting back together usually work? Back from the start or what?

unanimous123

Hi,

We live together in the same house. Gf and I are in a relationship for more than a year now...less four days, I guess, because we were both hot-headed during the time and the pent-up anger surfaced and blown out of proportion. The fight was started by me and she broke up with me. I realized we've been fighting like crazy the past few months so i agreed to the breakup. We maintained LC (light contact) during the break, though her actions say that nothing has changed in regards to her feelings for me, as opposed to her saying that she does not love me anymore. This gave me hope and by day 4, I talked to her about the root of the problem and how we could correct it. I was crying and so was she...Her eyes were the saddest they'd ever been, and I heard that she had partied really hard and got wasted..good thing a few of our mutual friends were there to take care of her.

Anyway, the root of the problem was my semi-controlling behavior when it comes to her drinking. She has said over and over that it is her way of dealing with stress and as a means to relax and I need to understand that, for she had been trying hard to control it herself. Another thing was my possessive behavior where I get easily jealous and question almost every move she makes. Fast forward to the talk, I pointed out all those facts and how I would change. I think we are in the power struggle stage now or something. Anyhow, she had been hesitant at first that i would change since I had already said it in the past that I would, and never had...this time, though, I realize the fights were getting worse, so I have to show it to her that I change my attitude. So she gave me another chance and we stayed together. My question is, how soon are things expected to progress naturally after a really huge fight where you broke up but got back together? Also, we used to have makeup sex before after a fight, but now she's holding off because she says it has become a pattern and that we should hold off for a while.It's been a week now. She said she's still a bit angry, and sometimes, she doesn't know how she feels...which I understand. I just have to prove myself, I guess. Any similar experiences?

Archived