The break served as a wakeup cal & we're now rebuilding the relationship

unanimous123

Hi ENAers,

This is me thinking out loud. Gf and i are in a relationship for more than a year now. We had been fighting for a few months over the same things that it has become a pattern and things started to go downhill. The fights were started by me and last week, we hit a very rough patch that we ended up losing faith in our relationship that we took a break for about four days. We just couldn't bear to see each other sad anymore and we both realized that not being with each other is only like torturing ourselves.

The break served as a wakeup call on my part where I have to change and stop being possessive and jealous. Realizing what I nearly lost got me up on my toes and my act together. I am so grateful that I have a girlfriend who understands and supports me through all this. I also managed to get a better career in order for the relationship to have a good shot in the future. Thanks for reading.

Good to hear a good news story. Keep at it. Never get complacent about improving those things you identified. Good luck.

Thank you, sportster! Yes... I'm so glad that she still is giving me another chance, and that I can see that she is still trying to make things better even if she is withholding sex because of her anger. LOL

I totally believe in breaks, no matter how long. I think it's important sometimes for people to just reflect on things without the pressure of the relationship hanging over their head. They whole you don't know what you got til it's gone and all that really does work wonders for some people. Glad to hear the short break worked like this for you. Good luck in the future as well

Archived