I thought I'd give this a try, we'll see how well it works. I'd like to get a forum started for people to post their favourite quotes about healing, dating, friendships, heartbreak, anything you can think of. And if you wish to a little background story of something thats going on in your life. I know there's a whole bunch of forums like this but I figure it could help anyway.

So my favourite quote is: If someone wants to be a part of your life they'll make an effort to be in it, so don't bother reserving a space in your heart for someone who doesn't make an effort to stay...

I have that quote posted on the back of my bedroom door, to remind myself of what feels like a failing friendship between me and one of my best girl friends. I've done everything I can think of on my part; talked to her about it, asked her to hangout, message her all the time and nothing seems to work. It breaks my heart, but I guess I have to come to terms with the fact she may not see me as her friend anymore.

So post your quotes about anything you want to!

this is not a quote as such ..however I have been a fan of this for many years and the words inspire me ...

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

"Take a second out to think about this. In your life you search and search for the right person for you. Every time you break up with someone you get one step closer to that person. You should look at moving on as getting closer to meeting the right one"

"You can either move on with your life, or dwell on things you can't change, but either way, life does move on with or without."

"You begin to learn that kisses aren't a contract and presents aren't promises. You begin to accept your defeats with your head up and eyes open. You learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain. After a while, you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much of it. So plant your own garden instead of waiting for somebody else to bring you flowers"

The cruelest lies are often told in silence (Robert Louis Stephenson)

Trying to forget somebody you love is like trying to remember somebody you never knew ( author unknown )

Love is the condition when the happiness of another is essential for your own ( Robert Heinlein)

Life ..you know what that is ? It's the shi* that happens to you while your waiting for the moments that never come ( tv show The Wire )

Our prime purpose in life is to help others , and if you can't help them at least don't hurt them (Dalai Lama)

The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand , the angels come to visit us and we only know them when they are gone (Geroge Eliot)

Archived