sex smell

Lucy3

Is it quite normal to smell a strong-ish smell of 'sex' during or after sex. I had sex the other day with my new boyfriend (not my first time ever but my first time with him) and he went to go down on me and kind of stopped and brought his head back up. Now i am paranoid that he thinks i smell down there but i dont usually but it was round 2 of sex and i know you can sometimes get a 'sex' smell. and i could smell it after the sex we had.

Thanks all

Thanks for your replies, i have been looking up on google about it and a sex scent seems fairly normal, maybe it just turned him off though.

i always shower everyday and on that day i showered twice! So it's not down to por hygene.

S.star- he didn't say anything at the time. After wards in bed though i just jokingly said i feel like i smell of sex and he said jokingly "well i wasn't going to say anything but" haha i know he was joking as we both laughed afterwards, still feeling a little paranoid though to be fair when i went down on him i could smell it, so it's probably just the mix of our two juices together lol. He's an experienced 36 yr old man so hopefully doesn't just generally think that i stink!!

S.star- he didn't say anything at the time. After wards in bed though i just jokingly said i feel like i smell of sex and he said jokingly "well i wasn't going to say anything but" haha i know he was joking as we both laughed afterwards, still feeling a little paranoid though to be fair when i went down on him i could smell it, so it's probably just the mix of our two juices together lol. He's an experienced 36 yr old man so hopefully doesn't just generally think that i stink!!

Don't worry, it's completely normal. For someone that's inexperienced or doesn't know what to expect or how to react. It will take some adjustment for them.

Since you said it was "round 2" of sex that night, there definitely would have been a sex smell in the room. Your privates probably smelled like either latex or his semen mixed with your own smells. There's nothing wrong with the "sex smell" - I love it! Don't be paranoid, this is completely normal and it would be weird to NOT smell after sex! I'm surprised that, at 36, he doesn't know this already.

Well sex does tend to have a bit of a scent, such as a buildup of sweat (phermones), and any lubricant or condom you may be using. But if it is an offensive smell then it is not anything to do with sex.

Do you clean deep inside your vagina? You don't want to clean deep inside too much or too vigerously, as this will set off the PH balance and could cause yeast infections. However it is important to ensure that you're clean inside and out.

I'm not sure why he only went down for a few seconds. It could have been from the scent, or it could be because he's a lousy lover lol. Also, it's important to check yourself thoroughly in the mirror before sex. I learned the hard way lol.. I always clean up right before with soap and paper towel/TP.. a few times I didn't check and my ex made fun of me for sometimes having pieces of TP stuck down there haha

Sex smells like.....honey on skin. Everyone out there, go and get honey, mix it with a bit of water, rub it a bit on your palm or hand and sniff. That's what sex / vagina smells like.

Not sure about the fishy smell...but you may have to ask him what made him go back up.

Sex has never smelled like fish to me. I can't describe it though. My boyfriend and I don't use condoms so I know the smell when his cum is up there, I just don't know how to describe it.

Don't douche. Please, whatever you do, don't douche. I wash myself down there with special Vagisil soap when I'm in the shower and that takes care of everything. Nothing major and no putting anything up there!

Sex has never smelled like fish to me. I can't describe it though. My boyfriend and I don't use condoms so I know the smell when his cum is up there, I just don't know how to describe it.

Don't douche. Please, whatever you do, don't douche. I wash myself down there with special Vagisil soap when I'm in the shower and that takes care of everything. Nothing major and no putting anything up there!

Yeah, I agree with you. Sex has never smelled like fish to me either. It's more like honey or that tree, willow...on a Spring day, slightly wet, damp. Not sure how to describe it. With slight hints of cologne that he wears...mmmm...sex actually smells amazing to me.

it didnt smell of fish to me, just kind of a damp smell. i use a special female soap for down there too. He seems to have a huge amount of come o other guys i have been with so mayb thats why i could smell it more than usual that time?

Archived