Am I being strung along, how do I handle this?

Redabc123

I was talking and hanging out with this guy for about a month before he told me he wasn't ready to date, I decided it was a lose cause and wrote him off a couple of weeks later he sent me a text saying that he was thinking of me and I got about two to three of them over the next couple of monthes and we talked here and there. I finally got up the courage to tell him I was confused, and asked him what he wanted. He told me he felt like there was something there but didnt know if he wanted to hangout again, and proceeded to tell me my questions were making him anxious and pushing him away, I havent spoken to him since. Im even more confused but still have feelings for him..what should I do, the situation is bumming me out, Im pretty sure im being strung along but I want to believe he really does like me. How do I handle this and get over it Thank you in advance

He is not stringing you along. You heard him say that wanting to know what he wants is pushing you away ... and that is enough for you to know it's time to move on. If a man realized his mistake and wanted to be with you, he is just waffling for the comfort of communication.

Walk away for good.

He is not stringing you along. You heard him say that wanting to know what he wants is pushing you away ... and that is enough for you to know it's time to move on. If a man realized his mistake and wanted to be with you, he is just waffling for the comfort of communication.

Walk away for good.

Agreed, look for someone who wants a relationship.

Walk away for good.

Wow, that was bad grammar. I meant to say: "You heard him say that wanting to know what he wants is pushing him away ... and that is enough for you to know it's time to move on. If a man realized his mistake and wanted to be with you, he would tell you. He is just waffling for the comfort of communication.

Walk away for good.

I still have feelings for him any tips on getting over him, do I delete him from all my social media sites?

Feelings will linger. Your willpower must persevere.

Stop all contact. Delete him from all social media. Start dating other guys. That's a start.

Your right, I kind of feel bad doing it, he also mentioned that there is something there and he thinks about it all the time but wanted to talk about it when he was ready, should I still walk away? Thanks for great advice by the way

If understood correctly your situation, it seems he hasn't done nothing wrong. He's just not ready for a relationship right now. I also agree with NC (No contact) and, as Darcy said, delete him from all social media. However, you will feel better if you explain him what you agre going to do and why. Explain him that you can not be thinking about himknowing that it won't lead you anywhere.

After that, dat other guys, obviously...but remember, be respectfull and honest with these news guys that will enter your life. Afterall, by dating other guys to forget this one it's just a rebound relationship which is something not fair, unless when explained properly.

well its only been a month and its better to walk away if you feel like you'll be hurt. If he feels pressured by all these thoughts then he really isn't ready and its best to leave him alone.... for your sake.

don't take it personally either and its easier for you to walk away while its still early

Archived