Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Hostels in New York?

peaceOfmind78

Depending on where you're staying, there's a hostel on 31st street (not too far from Times Square, if you can stomach that place, I can't) and a short trip up 6th ave to the park. It's called Urban Oasis and I've stayed there myself, nice place and it's around 50-60 dollars a night.

Yes, there's plenty of decent hostels in NYC...there's plenty of shady ones too...just do some research.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I stayed at the New York Loft Hostel in Brooklyn link removed

which was a recommendation from a friend. It is up there with KEX hostel (Iceland) as the best hostel I have stayed in. I am 30 and travel solo. I like the social aspect of a hostel, but want some luxury so I tend to seek out best value for money boutique style hostels. This hostel is influenced by the artist studios around them. It has a split level kitchen lounge room which overlooks the outside area with floor to second story ceiling windows.

NYLH is on the "L" Subway line which is a couple of stops from the famous Williamsburg and another after that is the famous Polish food region. Then you are in downtown NYC. The area the hostel is in an area where a lot of artists have studios (lofts) so it can be pretty lively when they have things on, there is a jazz bar next door but other than that its fairly quiet. There is a lot of great quality urban art on the streets surrounding the hostels

It is much bigger than the Manhattan hostels I am told (by other travelers) and it has an ELEVATOR. Big plus for those tired souls or ppl who do not travel light.

The pictures on the website are not as good as the ones I looked at a couple of years ago. You may find them on hostelbookers or Tripadvisor etc

Archived