Condom failed

Finch

This girl that I'm with just got on birth control this month, thank goodness, and she was prescribed Ortho tricyclen trinessa. It's supposed to be a generic of the birth control Ortho Tricylen.

We were having sex today and the condom that was on me totally busted. I'm not sure how this happened or why, but it was totally destroyed. It basically offered zero protection since the condom was split open and wouldn't have protected me against anything.

I noticed that the condom had busted and I pulled out and didn't cum in her. However, I know that there is always the possibility of pre-cum.

Now this girl has been on Trinessa for about close to two weeks and has been taking the pills regularly. I'm curious about what actions I should take to fix this situation as best as I can.

I understand that birth control is very similar to the morning after pill. I've heard that birth control is a lower dosage than the morning after pill. I asked my girl if she thought that we should get the morning after pill anyway but she told me that her doctor had recommend that she avoid the morning after pill since all the hormones would be crazy for her. Please note that the doctor told her this when she got the birth control.

What do you recommend that I do and what do you think the chances are of her getting pregnant? Are they slim since she is on birth control or do you think that we might have a problem?

The morning after pill is only effective for 72 hours after the sex act. You need to keep that in mind.You need to talk to a doctor or atleast an advice nurse about this problem. See what advice they give you about your situation. There is a chance that she could get pregnant. As long as the pill is working effective with your girl i would say that chances are slim that she will get pregnant BUT you still need to seek professional advice from a doctor or nurse so if she needs to take the morning after pill then she can.

Yeah, I just can't really depend on her to do that. She isn't a dependable person, which is why I was the one doing research. I read online at a reliable website that birth control, when started correctly, begins within 48hrs - 1 week.

I still think that maybe the morning after pill or something else would be necessary to ease both our minds. I might try calling Planned Parenthood and speak to somebody there about the issue. Do you think that'd be acceptable?

The pill works immediately. I went through this situation already. And I read distinctly from the PLANNED PARENTHOOD website that it states the PILL works IMMEDIATELY. If she takes it properly- meaning, every single day at about the same time. If she misses a pill, and all that sort of stuff--she needs to refer to the instructions that came wiht the pill. i could explain it to you want just pm me if you do.

I woudln't worry about it tho, it works immediately. But do make sure if she's taking it everyday properly.

But james, if you're worried...i would get hte mornign after anyway. That way you can just not have to worry anymore. I've done that before.

kay! good luck!!