Wanna gain weight..help

Do not rely on supplements (unless you need to gain weight really fast).

Gaining weight is actually easy, but gaining muscle weight is hard, but totally worth it.

Its all about calories in and out.

You gotta start with calculating how much you intake and how much you burn.

Then try adding 200 calories a day to that.

But remember, we are talking about quality calories here, like meat, chicken and not ice cream and chocolate )

Good luck

Drink a lot of ensure. Ensure makes you gain weight. You can find it at Walmart.

Doesn't ensure have a lot of fat and sugar?

If you are already eating healthy, then just up the amount

Of food you eat. One sure fire way that I know of is to eat

A lot of whole grain/whole wheat spaghetti. That combined with

a Good amount of running should help you add a few good

Healthy kg's to your body.

Also, sweet potatoes are great!

French fries..do they help u gain weight?

Really? Really?

[edit]

I would think you gain bad weight from eating bad food.

If you are trying to get fat, then yes, eat lots of Fast Food

And French Fries; that is the quickest way, but if you want

To gain healthy weight, do it right.

Go to a dietician, seriously.

I know this guy who actually eats like 7 cheeseburgers from Mcdonalds at a time but never gains bad weight. He works it all out. I definitely wouldn't suggest doing that though.

That's disgusting!

McDonald's cheeseburgers suck!

If he keeps that up later in life,

Let's see how skinny he stays

Start weight training or doing some weight lifting. You build muscle and eat/snack a lot with high intensity workouts.

Your goal should be muscle development. Muscle puts on weight. You want to be very careful about "diet" plans when gaining weight because it can screw up your metabolism and you could be eating things that are extremely unhealthy for you.

I have this problem too. Any time I get stressed I lose my appetite, and I love to exercise for health/stress release/endorphin high, so I need to make sure I don't get too underweight.

I have used supplements in the past when in seriously stressful times, but mostly if I get underweight I just:

-Switch to full-fat milk

-Switch to higher-fat, Greek-style yogurt

-Have nuts on hand to snack on

-Eat lots of avocado

-Add cream to porridge

-Eat more cheese

I know most of these are not the "good" fats, but it all helps. (And milk/cheese/cream etc are all good for helping to prevent osteoporosis too.)

Assuming you have a very high metabolism and are healthy, you would need to increase calories; in healthy way possible of course. Even guys that cannot gain weight need to basically 'shock the body' by increasing the caloric intake.

Let's say you did more physical activity than usual; the body will require extra nutrients to repair and restore the body. During that time you may eat depending on how you feel but any surplus intake will likely be stored as extra energy source. Not necessarily a bad thing as it first stores the glycogen throughout your body including your muscles, liver, etc. Anything else will basically convert from glycogen to fat.

You don't need to drink or eat specific types of food; if you want to gain weight in a healthiest way possible, just increase the calories steadily with each meal. What you don't want to do is put that say extra 300-500 calories all into one meal. That glycogen store once filled will turn into fat; another reason why it's healthier to eat portion sized meals five or more times a day. I'd start out eating extra 100 calories per sitting if you can. Don't try to increase it a lot or force any food that you don't want.

So guys , i want ur help here..

I am under weight ..

My height 5'7 .. Weight 45 kgs

I eat normal, i mean i dont eat less..

I just want to PUT ON some weight..

Plz tell me any diet chart or something

Thanks in advance guys..

I will throw in my 2 €-cents..

1) (at least) double the amount of everything you're eating now at every meal.

2) have 5 to 6 meals a day. The three usual ones, plus more calorie-rich 'snacks' in between.

3) DO EAT HEALTY FOOD !!! ..if you want to gain healthy weight ! ...do not just stuff yourself with random 'bad' food (such as sugary sodas, ice-cream, buiscuits, cakes, and you know what else) - it would make you gain weight, but it would also make you sluggish and miserable, and put serious stress on your inner organs. - No point in that at all, better to stay skinny but healthy then. - go especially easy on sugar and cheap fats. (as in 'chips/crisps' and such products.)

4) opt for calorie-rich 'good' food: ..full-fat milk instead of skimmed, seeds and nuts (if you're not allergic), cream, bananas (no more than 2 a day though, 1 at a time), larger helpings of rice, potatoes, pasta and bread (ideally, all of it wholegrain); peanut butter (the non-sugary kind made of just peanuts, oil and salt - will be more expensive); oats --> porridge, muesli, pure yoghurt (full-fat in your case), fruit and veg ! - you need them for the essential vitamins and micronutrients, esp. when you're trying to gain weight ! Think "5 helpings a day" of either and you're good -

..the occasional piece of cake or bowl of ice-cream will be ok, of course, but don't fill up on that ! it won't do you favours..

- steak and other meat, of course, if you're a meat-eater; cheese... and so on.

- One brilliant food is low fat curd cheese ! 0,1% fat while having 13% protein (which is what you need lots of to build new body cells) - where I live curd cheese costs next to nothing, but I heard it's much less obtainable in the States.. - anyway, you get the idea.

5) DO WORK OUT ! ..weight training, that is. ...because 1) you don't just want to become just 'fat', right ?!, and 2) it will cause your body to naturally demand much more food and change your metabolism. You will then build up 'shapely' mass. (which I'm guessing you would prefer)

- Do however maintain your 'aerobic' exertions at the usual minimum. In other words, no jogging, or any other such type exercise for you. (unless you absolutely can't live without it.) ..Aerobic exercise tends to make the body shed weight. - an exception might be some swimming, which could be done in place of weight training. (but not too long.)

6) try to reduce stress to a minimum, and get plenty of rest. So, 8-hour-a-night-sleeps. I think you will know why stress ain't helpful.

7) depending on how hard you work out, you might even have to go over doubling your current intake.

...that's all I can think of right now.

As a general point, if you want to do something well (including gaining weight), it's good to make a start with what (little) you know, to get yourself going. But once you're going, DO gather more and more information and delve into the subject as much as you can. That way you will get best results.

I can tell you now that seriously gaining healthy weight is a serious task ! ..a chore to you maybe, which you will have to seriously take care of day by day.

Just so you're warned/prepared. ...also, be prepared that it will cost both more money and time to eat this way.

Anyway, I know there are many guys on this forum who work out in earnest and some are serious experts on the subject. (one such guy, as far as I noticed, is a guy called "Thorshammer") ...hopefully these guys will answer too. They know a lot more than me about this subject.

Hope I could help, good luck !

PS: I would strongly recommend that you try these general guidelines I suggested BEFORE randomnly trying out some kind of weight-gain product you've never heard of. - probably, what I suggested will do the job quite adequately already, and certainly they won't do any harm.

Wow browneyed man thanks alottt..

Ur welcome. try it ! I used to be underweight like you, and that's how I gained lots of weight. (about 25 pounds in a year.)

Start by eating this way, and then gradually inform yourself on the matter. Also, try to work out how much you're consuming in calories now/normally for you, and then eat to double those calories. ..But make that good calories ! ...not junk food..

Maybe you can find a 'calorie-management'-type of programme to download for free online ! ..one which will contain the usual caloric- and nutritional values of many foods, and allows you to calculate your daily intake. That will help you ! ...and it would be good to bother with kitchen scales for a while, actually weighing the amounts you eat, so you really know what you're doing with yourself. That would get you best results. ..do that until you know routinely how much you need to eat to gain the weight you want. ...also helps to plan your shopping and budget better.

Good luck !

Archived