This ride is insanely emotional, i keep dreading when im about to be alone, i cant shut my mind off, its been day 12 of nc and am finally accepting shell never call and as much as i dont want to admit it, its devastating, i get so sad and just think of so many things but at the end of the day i hafta accept that shes gone, im prayin i can get thru this, im thinkin about u all coz ishare the pain u guys have

I'm so sorry your going through this! Hang in there and it will get better. I hope your doing well with staying sober was well. You're still in the early stages so please just hang on because it will get a lot better very soon. Hope the mornings are getting easier on you as well. Keep on going! It will get better soon!!

Sorry, sweetpea. I know this might not be of comfort to you, but I've found hearing from them is worse. With my last ex, the one that brought me to ENA, we had absolutely zero contact after we broke up. Most of my relationships didn't go that way and everything got carried on for too long, little crumbs here and there and whatnot. It was so, so much more painful in the end. While I didn't have to face 'the big pain' right off the bat, it was just a constant steady stream until I eventually felt 'the big one' when it was all said and done, anyway...It just prolongs it.

Are you into self-help books? There's SUCH an awesome one out there called "The Journey from Abandonment to Healing". It does away with almost a physiological explanation of relationship withdrawal and all things related.

Archived