Something I Heard on The Radio About Healing from Breakups

I was driving to work early this Sunday morning and the DJ quoted an article recently written by a psychologist about healing from breakups. There were 4 suggestions, but not sure if I can remember all of them, but what I do recall, I know helped me greatly.

1. The first was NC and to break away from any shared social circle.

2. The next was to have a physical makeover. I know there will be people who will say that is shallow, but it was something I did after 4 months BU when I looked such a mess from 4 months of crying, and the makeover did wonders for me. Some people here will know that in my case, I chose to have botox around my eyes as they looked so terrible. I also went to a celebrity hairdresser and even though I didn't spend all that much money on clothes, I got some bling and accessories and started putting more time into my appearance.

3. Develop new interests and friends because you will need to create a new life. I did this too, and it made an incredible difference and helped me so much.

Maybe what I have listed as 1. should actually be 1 and 2, but if I recall anything else that was said, I will post. It was all pretty simple and to the point, and they were things that I know work (for me anyway).

Archived