Is she into me or not?

Gilson

Good one, but no.

She said something mean spirited about the company and I said "if you keep talking like that you're going to get in trouble like me". And she said she was on her way out anyway.

She won't be there long enough now to realise our birthdays are only 3 days apart - another similarity.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what I said about all of this. I know what everyone else said about all of this. But I just need to get it off my chest. I don't need any comments or advice that at this moment that simply don't matter. I know what I'm going through right now is irrational.

It was her last day today and it was basically a normal day until about 12:30pm.

Her best friend who is one of the older ladies at work and the one person I confided in about all this back in, oh, May I guess approached me at about 12:30 to let me know she was off the clock and going around to say bye to people. The following is the FB message I sent to the best friend:

"I didn't get a chance to see xxxxxx before she left today. Her leaving early (though I suspected she would) kinda caught me off guard and when you told me she was leaving I kinda lost my composure. I was good enough to go back out and (do some work) but truth be told, I avoided her. I know if she approached me I would've completely lost it and cried like a baby and make a fool of myself.

I know my feelings are completely unwarranted, illogical and irrational. Other than that I find her attractive and she has a great infectious personality, I just felt a deep connection to her somehow. I can't explain it. I guess I convinced myself of it and haven't been able to shake it.

I don't know if I should go out tonight. I'm sure she wouldn't even notice if I wasn't there.

I feel such a sense of loss and it doesn't make any logical sense??"

You know what...screw all these people and their negativity! You had a special connection to someone at work...I think we have all had that. I liked your little stories about what was going on and I think you knew all along that she had a boyfriend and nothing would be happening between you as long as that was the case but hey a guy can hope right? I'm sorry she left... but you know what now you can move on and maybe this time your crush will be on a someone who is available...think of it this way now you're free to crush on someone new, won't that be fun?

Now go enjoy your vacation!

Don't go out, you'll just end up sad.

I went out last night, had a great time and could hardly be happier today!!

Anyway, there were only four of us (another older male co-worker, her and one of her direct co-workers) plus another that dropped in briefly.

With such a small group there was great interaction!

After a few hours and something to eat and drink, I drove her home. She LOVED my car and was excited to drive in it. I took the long way and it gave us a great opportunity to talk like friends and had lots of laughs. She was curious about my relationship status and about my ex because I never ever mentioned her before.

When we got to her place she came around my side of the car for a hug so I got out and gave her a tight hug. Then with a super shy face and her hands clenched infront of her chest, she asked me "now that we don't work together, can I add you as a facebook friend?" I said "is THAT why you didn't accept my last request?"

Apparently she doesn't become FB friends with people she works with. Weird...but she has no other FB friends from work.

Anyway, according to my email inbox, she wasn't home more than 5 minutes before she sent the friend request. Awww

So anyway, had a great time last night!! I know I'll see her again, so I feel really good!!! Who knows, could be a whole new social life!

Cheers

Let me preface this by saying I do understand she has a BF, ok? And that I don't have any illusions of...whatever, while that is the case, though I do hope to see her again as a friend, however...

It's three days later and it's just dawned in me that I might have had a very very stupid braindead moment the other night.

As we we all leaving the restaurant, she was telling the others that she left her truck home. When one of the others suggested driving her home she told them that it was way out of their way and that she'd call her mother to pick her up. That's when I suggested taking her home because it was on my way.

When we got near her place, she said to turn here, turn there and then "this is my house (appartment or co-operative)...this is my driveway...that's my back step...and that is my empty parking spot."

Wait, WHAT!? She said she left her truck at home!!

According to a message on her FB newsfeed, her boyfriend is (has been) away somewhere (with the truck).

I happen to know that when she (seemed to) invite me to that concert, that her bf was away. And I think the time she seemed excited to ask me about a particular vacation (a week later) that her bf was away.

I honestly don't know what I might've done if she invited me in. I did suggest going straight to work from the restaurant (I start at 4am) but I couldn't because I didn't have my workboots with me (they're mandatory, steel toe).

I'm probably making too much of this. I did get to mention that our birthdays are only 3 days apart. She got a kick out of that. We're both blonde haired, blue eyed lefthanded capricorns. I've never met another blonde haired blue eyed lefthanded capricorn. God it felt good to hug her.

I wouldn't have sent that message to her best friend, knowing she'll probably relay it to her. The stuff about breaking down and crying like a baby is way too much and will be a total turnoff if it gets back to her.

Only just saw this. I didn't mean "best friend" but rather her best friend at work who is the older lady I had confided in about all this. I trust her to say the right thing(s) if it ever comes up. Infact I encourage her to say something. Seems very juvenile, but I can't very tell her my feelings myself what with her having a bf.

Besides that they were side-by-side co-workers all summer, they might only be as close as they are due to all the probing questions the friend asked her for me early on. For example, she doesn't know that I know she's divorced and she's never mentioned it to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn! My computer was logged into facebook but I was on the couch watching a movie.

Seemed she wanted to chat but I missed her by 20 minutes. It's her birthday today, and she's sick. I wished her a happy birthday on her wall this morning.

"Thanks for the bday wishes. Feeling better already! Hope 2013 is off to a great start for you..."

Aww

• 2 months later...

So we haven't worked together since mid December. I've run into her twice I think where I knew I would and I rarely see her on FB.

So why is she still on my mind constantly? I do mean constantly! I can think of two occasions, including this morning while thinking about her that a tear has come to my eye, briefly.

I constantly need to talk myself out of telling her these things though I know I'd feel much better and might even forget about her if I could get it out.

What the hell is wrong with me!?

• 3 years later...

So...

She reactivated her FB account long enough this afternoon to see if I still wanted to grab a beer some time, a followup to my invitation of about November 2015 to catch up over a beer. She declined saying she doesn't do the guys-as-friends thing well and told me she was still with 'him'.

We're going out Thursday night!

Archived