GUYS: what does it mean?

lostgirl123

well when me and my ex would end a phone call we would say

"love you ..bye "

and in tender deep moments we would say "I love you"

it all depends on if that love had been established I guess ..we can all say "love you" some of my friends say that too ..

I dont think you should read too much into it ..

it rolls off the tongue easier saying " love you" ..then the whole pronounced statement.

we are two months in. two weeks in, he would say "love you" at the end of our phone conversation. then a month in when we were just making out, i felt that there was so much passion and it was the only time that he said "i love you" while we were still kissing. then he hasn't ever said "i love you" since. was he only saying it for the moment? he actually did say it to me two weeks ago when he was drunk.

but at the same time i feel very insecure because he still talks to his ex that he dated long-term. he never told me that they still talk, i knew because i snooped and caught her calling him. he got mad when i was mad about them talking, was he trying to turn the tables on me? then the next day, i confronted him again in a non-attackful way just telling him that i was not okay with it. and he told me that they don't talk on a regular basis, but they would have short conversations here and there.

My gf refused to say it until she felt it, after 4 months she said it, before that she told me she wanted me to be her true love and that i am the one and all this stuff but she only said it once and two or three times on drink, she did not trust me and thought i was too good to be true (not that i am amazingly handsome or anything lol) just that i can be trusted, respect her, treat her right and all that.

When i told my GF that i loved her, i said it because i wanted to be with her forever, that i loved everything about her and she was my sunshine and i realised i would die like a flower without her ohh i am getting all mushy here lol yep i am a mushy romantic too and i always go for the dramatics but hey, there you go lol

but at the same time i feel very insecure because he still talks to his ex that he dated long-term. he never told me that they still talk, i knew because i snooped and caught her calling him. he got mad when i was mad about them talking, was he trying to turn the tables on me? then the next day, i confronted him again in a non-attackful way just telling him that i was not okay with it. and he told me that they don't talk on a regular basis, but they would have short conversations here and there.

That is wrong, he should not be talking to an ex, this is not just from a guys perspective, my GF asked me did i talk to my ex's (because i have one added on FB as a friend) and she told me that you cant just talk to your ex's like that, which i did not because i know better.

what does it mean when you say "love you" and "I love you" to the girl you're dating?

2 Possibilities.

First the dopamine and norepinephrine rush has clouded his frontal lobe and he actually believes he is in "love" with the recipient

Second. Hes aware of the inherently deceitful nature of humans and is using this knowledge to his advantage, trying to lower the recipients guard and take her to bed.

Archived