I recently found out my boyfriend of one year cheated on me with my best friend of five years. I told my bf- i never wanted to talk to him ever again- which i meant. My best friend keeps calling me, but i just cant talk to her i dont even know what to say. how do i forgive her, how can i ever trust her again? I dont know what to do. and in the past the two of them have kissed and stuff when my ex bf and i were broke up for a couple days. he cried on the phone and told me he was sorry and cant live without me ,all that crap, im not worried about him, but my best friend is practically my sister, were so alike and do everything together. so anyody with some good advice, help, id really appreciate it!

thanks -Jenny

Somehow I don't think that you will be able to forgive her. I mean, what if you get another boyfriend, and she does exactly the same thing? There is always a risk of that.

I think that you should perhaps try talking to her, but don't force yourself to do it. Take your time, and when you are ready, you can start asking her questions and finding out reasoning for it. But like I said, you probably won't be able to trust her to the same level as you once did.

Thats not a friend. You can't trust her. Friends just don't do that. Friends are really only one step away from being an enemy. People are aware of what they do and the consequences...they are just not aware they are going to get caught. Find a new best friend.

DBL

I agree. If shes doing things with your boyfriend, then she's not a friend. She can be close to your boyfriends, its nice when your boyfriend & best friend get a long well, but not that close.

You need to talk to her. Tell her that you know what she did. She may be hurt that you are mad about it & don't want to talk to her, but she hurt you worse. She should have known that she would lose you as a friend if she did that with your boyfriend.

Your best friend and your boyfriend are both not people you should continue to be around. It was wrong of your boyfriend to cheat on you & it will be hard to trust him again. You deserve someone who respects you enough to not hurt you like that. Your best friend also doesn't respect you if shes willing to hurt you like that too.

Talk to your best friend though. Don't just not talk to her again. She needs to know what she did wrong.

You ex boyfriend is a loser for cheating on you. Let you bestfriend have a second chance because that shows you have courage to trust her agin. If she dose it agin she dosent deservie to be you friend. Never let some guy get in the way between you friend ship.

The fact that she messed around with your b/f while you two were broken up for a few days would be enough to stop trusting her, but is forgivable. However, she did it again while you were actually with your b/f - that just is not acceptable. I think it's time to make some new friends.