Whats so bad about being a virgin?

i dont thinks its too much about the country i think its more about personal values people grow for themselves.Like computerguy who is awesome i talk to him all the time on msn!Hes from australia and has the same exact views and morals as me he is truly a great guy!I dont look at people stereotypically.If they are from another country i treat them just as though i would treat an american in my country.O man dont say that we are a lot more strong on that point.Omg here so many girls are losing their virginity at like age 14.And im just liek hoyl crap what has my country came too ?

Sasha,I don't understand why you are so defensive. It's almost as if you don't like someone pointing out that maybe,just maybe, you're not that perfect. I'm sorry dear, but your statement about the chemicals you've used doesn't help your image one bit. It doesn't help the image of ANY person. It's akin to someone asserting that they slit their wrists for fun. Do you think they would earn my respect? Nope. Pity,yes.

Or maybe I'm just biased because I am a virgin and I EXPECT MY (future) GIRLFRIEND to be one too. I don't smoke,etc and I expect the same from my girlfriend. There, I got that out. I'm not a male chauvinist, I just demand equality.

sasha your posts are hilarious. Sex in the current view of society is like a leisure activity. But in the old days they describe it as "The closest two people can ever be to each other". You've had sex at the age of 14 (which may possibly be illegal where your from) and I'll bet at least 1 out of the 6 partners you've had can be charged with statutory rape.

You use protection and such, and I think its really great. In my opinion the abiliy to use condoms and pills does not make the situation good, it just makes a bad situation look better.

Theres always a chance that some people wont end up with the people they are with now, but thats no reason nor execuse to hump their partner at the age of 14. How would you like your future husband to be like? Sex at the age of 13 with multiple partners every year? Or is it alright as long as he was using condoms and gettting the girls to take pills?

Shinoibies view of sex is not *1950*, it's just more protective then you.

And btw, any 15 yr old can goto a library and pick up a book on psychology and read through it (AND be able to understand it).

Im not judging you in any way, if its true that you have a scholarship, committed boyfriend then I think generally your life is great. But then again your on a lot of drugs, and even if it doesnt show just yet, one day it will ruin you.

Someone said earlier that anyone (a virgin) who ranks on another person for having sex has insecurity issues. I agree, but I also think it goes both ways. The reason why so many people pick on virgins is obvious - virgins are different, they're not the norm, and it makes that person feel insecure. So what does the person do? He/She ridicules the virgin to feel better about himself or herself. This also applies to other situations in life. For example, if all of the guys in a middle school class are doing drugs, but one guy isn't, what is the group going to do? They're going to do their best to get that other kid to take drugs, because the kid is different. We always like people more if they think like us, dress like us, partake in the same activities, etc. And this just as well applies to virgins/non-virgins.

I'm 25 and still a virgin. But I'm a bit different with the decision. I rearely take and action I'm not prepared for the consequences of. I grew up in a rural area and watched quite a few of my childhood friends get pregnant, and only one ended up marrying the guy and remains happy.

I decided that I wouldn't have sex until I was ready for children. I'm not talking about marriage either. Until I am independetly prepared emotionally and financially to raise and nurture, I won't be taking risks in that area.

I am proud of those that hold off. The opportunities abound, but if you are waiting for love, or marriage or to be able to handle the difficulties and questions sex will bring to your life, it makes more sense to wait than to just take the plunge.

The stigma of the virgin is one that you learn to live with, but just stay true to your own ideals and tell anyone that if it's right for them, fine, but it's not for you yet.

I tend to pull conversation in that direction to a halt by telling the truth (and depending on who is doing the asking and how mean they are about it), sometimes brutally. I'm armed with numbers though...pregnanc and STD stats are rather helpful. *grin*

Gwynna