Girl I met is mad at me cause of friend

OK the girl I met at the party a week ago is now pissed at me. It all started out like any party, I met her we talked and moved on. I really felt for her so I told my friends. The next day the message I got form this girl that was "SUPPOSEDLY" from her was from actually my dumb friend. Now I went and told the ACTUAL GIRLS best friend that she called me. Now that her friend told the ACTUAL girl I told her she called me, She came up to me in front of people and started getting mad.

She does not know my friend played this trick on me so she only thinks that I am trying to get with her. BUt she is mad at me! Its not even my fault. I need to tell her about my friends cruel joke so that maybe I can be on good terms with her.

How should I go about telling her this. Should I even bother, she has a BF but I still wanna talk to her even though she is mad at me at the moment. I hope I made sense because I am real pissed that some1 is mad at me for my friends dumb joke that she does not know about which made me tell her friend that she called me when in fact she di not because it was my friend who made it seem like it was her