Breakup posts have declined over the past two months. WHY?

I started reading this forum back in the beginning of August, and it seems like when I first started reading this site, their were so many breakup stories being posted. Now, it seems like the number of breakup posts have declined a great deal. Anyone take a guess as to WHY? Are people more prone to breaking up at certain times of the year?

There are definitely more breakups at different times of the year. When school starts is one of the bigger times. There are a lot of reasons for that. One is the drastic change in free time. Some people feel that there partners commitment has changes with the loss of contact that sometimes occurs. That is seldom the case, but the perception is strong. Others find someone else with the swarm of new faces and separation of the summer from those faint crushes the attraction seems stronger. The weather change, the change in environment, With all the changes going on a change in significant other is one of the few changes you can control and some personalities chouse to take that control. Most everything of August and September aids in breaking people apart. The end of September is usually the slow down. You should see a lot of post about going after someone new or how to please the boyfriend or girlfriend that did make it through the harder part of the year. Now is also the time I would expect to see rise in marital problems showing up in the forum.

my friend has a theory that couples get together in may and break up in September. Why?? well summer is over and change is in the air..

Why do they get together in may, long hot summer nights on the way, people are looking not so pale and wrapped up in wooly sweaters..

weird theory but me and my ex did get together in may 3.5 years ago and it was a great summer, outdoor cook outs and parties all summer long, and well he broke up with me at the start of September so im beginning to believe the theory.

I think most breakups are august. Simply because the new year is really at that mark. Couples that start in september typically (from what I have seen) last at least up to christmas time. I think its because of holidays... then suddenly in around april a lot of couples depart. This is because flings arise in late may early june.

ForAnother

I don't really believe that theory, my wife and I started seperating in May and we are now going to "TRY" to work on it now...Of course, it is really up to her. I've been scoping this site out and I like it, good to know there are more people out there with relationship problems like mine. I think I'm going to post on the site, but it is a super long story....Anyway, I think people break up when they have enough of certain situations...Maybe noone is posting because everyone that is unhappy has already posted..LOL...Don't worry, I'm sure more will come, I know mine will be...

that or maybe all the broken hearts just don't have the energy to post about their breakup anymore. at some point, after everyone else is more than exhausted with the story, the storyteller gets tired of it too... so either people give up hope and move on completely , or they reunite and are so happy that they don't have time to come back here anymore . i'm in the first category, but i'll be optimistic and say i hope others are in the latter.