My boyfriend of two years broke up with a couple days ago with no explanation...just that I used him and expected too much out of him. He left a big gap in my heart and soul and I dont know if I will ever love again...its like I am ok during work and school but once night nears all the memories come flooding back...oh it just hurts so bad...I packed up all the things that remind me of him and sent them to his house..About two days before he broke my heart we talked on the phone and he told me how much he loved me and missed me and two days later he says he doesnt feel like our relationship is going anywhere...he made so many promises that he broke...everytime I get too close to someone they go and break my heart...my heart just cant take it anymore..i miss him so so much..i dont get it I only tried to love him the best way I knew how. He was my best friend and my love for life...he kept me strong...now I feel all alone...I dont have many friends so right now I am just focusing on work...I did everything I could for him...I gave him money to pay off things, I showered him with gifts and I gave him all of my heart and my soul and most of all all of my love...he meant everything to me...yes i surrounded my life around him but only because i loved being with him...i just wanna find a life partner who will love me and never leave me and never break my heart...we were so happy, he always said he was soo happy, everytime I think about our happy times I breakdown...it hurts that he seems to not even care and it is not hurting him...I dont wanna be his friend I just wanna move on but how can I when it hurts so bad...someone please help me I am hurting so bad

ssweetgrl111,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com. I am so sorry to hear that you have been hurt and the pain that you are experiencing now. The first few days after a break up are always the hardest ones. In your situation things are even harder, since you don't understand what happened and why he broke off with you. This must have caught you totally by surprise.

I have a suggestion for you that might help you in relationships in future. The basic of a relationship is formed by communication. Could it be possible that you guys didn't really talk too often? I mean talking about feelings, concerns and things that you guys have in their minds. I would recommend you that in the future.

I know that what I just wrote doesn't help you now. My suggestion to you for now, is that you accept your pain and hurt as they come. It will speed up your healing process. Cry if you feel to cry, it's really okay. Time eventually will heal your wounds.

I wish you strength and good luck for the coming period.

~ SwingFox ~

Hey Ssweetgrl111,

I really understand the pain you are going through, as it is normal and part of the grieving stage. My ex broke up with me recently after 3 years, so it was really tough if not impossible for the first few months, especially like you, when thinking back of all the memories we shared. However it does get better each passing day, you do not notice it sometimes, but it really does, as you should start to do new things to keep you occupied, and from there you will see you do have a life without him.

Do not hide and bottle up your feelings. Cry when you feel like it, talk to friends and family about it, come on here and post more posts or even read alot of them because alot of ppl here like you have experienced this kind of pain, and I know its a terrible one, one that makes us feel so desolate, desparate, worthless, and unloved by the person we thought we would be spending the rest of our lives with.

From what I read, it is weird how he didn't really give you any reasons. If he really doesn't want to tell you, do not force him to, if you give him time, he will realize what he wants, and if he doesn't choose to get back with you, its okay, it seriously is. You can be on your own and live your own life, whereas you did so before you met him. Stay strong, hang in there. Time heals this kind of pain, but just make sure you make good use of it while it goes by.

P.S. Just drop me a msg if u wanna chat...

hello there,

I am sorry to hear that. I understand your situation. My ex did also made many promises to me, he said he will love me forever, blah blah blah, we planned for our future, we had great times before.

And he dumped me because of another girl suddenly. 1 day before we broke up, he still said he loved me. But just one day, he dumped me. I was so shocked and so helpless.

When the nights come, i m so lonely. All our memories come out from my mind. I miss him so much so much. I cried everynight on the bed, miss him, think of him. But now, i feel better. Because my friend told me something, she said :

"no man worth your tears. The one who worth it, won't make u cry"

u see, they are so bad, they don't worth our tears. They never considered our feelings. They find us when they need us, they dump us when they dont need us. Pls don't be sad for him. He doesn't deserve it !!!!