Slight jealousy

faiakeima

Ok I recently built up the nerve to ask a girl(my really good friend) to a school dance which she said yes to. Later that day I saw her hugging some guy(only one). Of coarse it got me pretty ticked but she didnt know it. So really my question is should I be jealous. Oh and another question is if the dance goes well should I try to get her to go out with me cause I got her on the rebound after a guy decided not to go with her to the dance.

thanks everone for you kind words. but i have yet another question or two. first do i call her my gf already. two i am thinking about asking her out to dinner or something like a week before the dance, is this a good idea. yet again thank you guys for your help you see i am like the lowest guy on the popularity totem pole and she is like really high up there and this is my first relationship ever and so im like frikkin nervous as can be.

Feel free to ignore me, but no, you shouldn't assume you're her bf just after 1 date to a dance. Second, don't ask her out to dinner. Do something casual and fun (unless "dinner" is like a quick burger or something), a movie(comedy)or hanging out with other mutual friends. Don't confess anything, either. Keep her guessing, also just in case she doesn't like you in "that" way.

Hope you the best.

faiakeima, are y'all going to the dance as friends?

Cause sometimes if a close friend askes another close friend if they want to go to a dance after being rejected, one would think the other is just being a good friend trying to make them feel better, and not trying to go out with her.

I'm just saying make sure she knows the dance thing is a date thing, not just one friend helping out another.

And as other have said, don't call her your girlfriend. When will you know you can do that? Well if she calls you her boyfriend I guess it's pretty safe, but you have to wait til your "official". The only way to really know if your "official" is to ask her after a date or two. I personally wouldn't ask "Are we official" as it sounds old-fasioned, but just ask her "do you want to be my girlfriend" or somethign like that. You can probably just search for the word "official" on this board and get more than a couple of topics on how you can determine if you are or are not.

ok i got it as far as the bf gf thing goes. i decided that on monday ill ask her if she wants to go do something like see a movie or go to the local park. and also i am in a photography class and i have a project due soon and ill see if she will let me get a pic of her for private use. but anyways ill try to hint more to her than i love her and take her out. so thanks yall