Late periods... help plz...

hi..

i am 21 yrs old. and....

i had my periods on 21st feb and then on around 18th march. so i was expecting my periods on 17th april. But my periods didnot occur on the day.I had a sexual intercourse on 17th april with my bf. Prior to this i didnot have any intercourse. What are the chances that i am pregnant?

please help me ...

P.S. I have never had irregular periods till now.

Hi ookiespoo,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us with your question.

It's very hard to tell wether your pregnant or not by using dates. You were not very explicit wether you had irregular periods in your past. My suggestion is to get tested anyways, because that will give you certainty.

I hope that this helped you and I wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~

Going by the rhythm method, you probably aren't pregnant. The lateness could be due to stress or it could be psychosomatic. Try not to have unprotected sex as you will only increase your chances of getting pregnant and when you do so repeatedly, it will be hard to judge when you might or might not be pregnant even if you get your period. If your period still hasn't come, you should defintely get it checked out and probably also as your doctor about contraceptive methods if you are going to have sex with your boyfriend from now on.

Good luck.

you probably arent pregnant. If you were to become pregnant during this time, it would have had to occur approximately 2 weeks prior to the first day of your last expected cycle.

Women are MOST fertile exactly 2 weeks prior to the first day of her menstrual cycle., so the missed period must be from stress, or if you ARE pregnant, it has to be from having sex another time, which you indicated isnt the case...

cookies

thanks SwingFox ,Simulacra and Cookies .. I too think it was more psychological and / or due to stress ... Your words "not likely pregnant" gave a lot of support and i guess i came out of the fear of being one... My periods started just today ... Thanks again....

• 2 weeks later...