White Day - Messed up big time!

rich46

Hi,

I live in Japan, and they have White Day a month after Valentine’s Day (so today). On this day, men are supposed to reciprocate to the greetings they received on the 14th February.

So, today I sent an e-card to a girl in Tokyo I have met up with a few times. Nothing has happened, but we get on well. We met up via a Friends website.

On the same site, I have been exchanging messages with a girl from a different city, and we had planned to meet up later this month. Again, I sent her an e-card this morning saying I was looking forward to meeting up. She actually sent me a box of chocolates on Valentine’s Day, so I felt it right that I should do something for her today.

Here’s the major problem.

Without explaining the technicalities of why it happened, they were able to see BOTH of the e-cards I sent today. Nightmare. And as such, neither of them have replied to me all afternoon since I sent the e-cards (I know they have viewed them).

Like I say, nothing has happened with either of them, and indeed, I’ve never even met one of them! Still, I can appreciate how bad it looks, and admittedly, I don’t feel good about leading them both on at the same time.

I’m looking for advice about what to do next. Admit defeat and learn from this mistake? Email explaining the situation to them both? Move on? They don’t know that I know my mistake yet…hence the silence.

Thanks for reading, and looking forward to any replies.

Rich

I wouldn't explain the situation to them. I don't think it's that big of a deal. They are both your friends so you sent both of them cards. It's not like you're dating them and keeping them secret from one another. It's a little awkward but it's not as a bad as you think it is.

How can they both see eachother's cards? Quite frankly, the screw up is that a girl sends you a box of chocolates and you send her an ecard? An ecard implies that so many girls send you Valentine's Day greetings that you do a mass mailing. I would have reciprocated with the girl that sent you chocolates in a more personal way. But that's just me. A hand delivered card, or sending her flowers or chocolates, or a date.

How can they both see eachother's cards? Quite frankly, the screw up is that a girl sends you a box of chocolates and you send her an ecard? An ecard implies that so many girls send you Valentine's Day greetings that you do a mass mailing. I would have reciprocated with the girl that sent you chocolates in a more personal way. But that's just me. A hand delivered card, or sending her flowers or chocolates, or a date.

Yeah I was wrong about them seeing eachother's cards, so no problem.

The reason why I didn't send her flowers or whatever was because I have never even met her, and don't have her address (although I could have asked for it, like she did for mine on Valentine's Day). Also, I am meeting up with her next week and I can do something for her then, whether it be to take her for dinner or whatever.

Archived