what are the chances of this?

cakes

Hi all,

I have been on birth control for about a year and a half..and i recently stopped, and got off the pill for a month (while i was on vacation)....As soon as i came back, i got back on the pill..12 days back onto the pill, i had intercourse, but the condom had sliipped off.

Does anyone know how effective the pill is? having been back on it only 12 days and had this happen???

As a precaution- i did go to ta clinic and ask for a morning after pilll. Instead of gettign plan b, they gave me 10 pills of Alesse to take and said it was the same dosage as a morning after..

Any advice on how effective my birth control pills were being 12 days back...and what are my chances with what i've said..?

Thanks for taking the time to read

Well you've done everything that you should have done, as for getting the morning after pill.

Did the condom slip off during intercourse before he came? Did he come at all? Did anything leak out?

Those are important variables that might help you answer your question.

I'm not too sure about those pills that they gave you, but the morning after pill is like 70-80% effective, so that's definitely good that you took that. Other than that, all you have to do is wait. Things like this happen, and you just have to remain calm and I'm sure everything will be ok.

I remember my ex-girlfriend was going to get on birth control and she said it becomes effective after a week or two.. so maybe you're worrying about nothing.

thanks for some of the replies

sorry for not being as complete in the details..

The condom slipped off him. I found it slightly hanging out of me, the rim and that. And he did cum in the condom. I'm worried about spillage, etc.

i had been back on the pill 12 days, the night that happened, but i'm not sure if that would have been enough days for the pill to become effective.

The dr. i saw at the clinic said the pill works immediately but for some reason i'm really skeptical about that.

So the next night of the incident, i saw antoher dr. at a differnet clinic, and he gave me 10 pills of alesse, alesse is just an ordinary birth control.. He gave me 10 of htem and said that it was the same dosage as a morning after pill.

i'm just worried about my chances of being pregnant right now. i'm due for my period in about 5 days....

Any help at all?

If the condom slipped off and the rim was out side of you then no seamen would have made it inside of you.

If you are due to start your cycle on the 25th what day of the month did this happen on?

As far as what the % is getting pg with unprotected sex is about 5% but it really depends when your cycle is as when you can get pg

this happened on DAY 12 of my cycle......may period ended on Day 6, and 6 days later, this happened, and that makes it day 12.....hope this added info helps..

but i did just read up on the pill....and it says that it works immediately if taken within 24 hours of your period...which i did..so i'm feeling a little bit better about it..

but any feed back still helps

thanks a lot for reading my posts ..xoxox