To be straight, I could never hangout with someone I liked. I'm going to be 20 soon and never been on a date. I'm not so worried about getting in relationship with the girl I start to talk to because I want to hang out first. They usually seem very interested when we talk; we laugh, flirt, they start to show me interest but when I say we should hang out they say yeah that would be great. But... 100% of the time when the day comes they usually flake, not answer my call, cancel or something came up. It gets pretty old having to just move on the next one, attempting the same thing you did with last one to only get no results again. What drove me here to ask this question is because one of them recently just stop getting in contact with me when we planned to hang out. So I'm trying look into what my problem is because I have to be doing something wrong.

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....apparently you're a good guy! One who likes to take things slow in this World that unfortunately is a "throw away" society. I hate to say it...but you are young...that doesn't mean you're not mature though...but girls that age..thinking back to when I was...sadly...we were always looking for attention..and once we got it..we moved on. Now this may sound a little deep..but truth is truth. It will piss you off first..but it will set you free. It's more than likely an insecurity within themselves. At that age...we are missing love of some sort. Whether through family approval or something. Some of those girls are just arrogant and want conquests just like guys do. Sad thing is...you're beyond your years....but the good thing is..it WILL pay off in the end. Another word of advice..even though I'm not perfect nor have life figured out...but from experience...what kind of girls are you going for? Are they the ones that seem all sweet and up in your face giving you attention immediately? And with the attention..is it directed around you or is it all about them? If the conversation always turns to them...most likely..there's an insecurity they need to heal and it will take a few years. Just being honest. Go for the girls that don't care what they wear. Go for the girls that give you THEIR number....go for the girls that are reaching out to you and care.....unless you like getting beaten up...as alot of us do as we feel we can change them in some way, shape or form. Just pay attention closely to their behavior....that's all....don't know if I helped...but hopefully maybe a bit of wisdom from an older gal!

P.S...it's not YOUR problem. It's youth and ignorance..there's an old saying..."too old too wise".....someday that will make sense

I'm actually the boldest guy out of my friends to be honest haha I have a habit of just approaching and getting a number when I feel like it. I've talked to a lot of different girls. Girls that dance, are really nerdy, party a lot, ordinary, completely different from me or the same you name it. I know more women than men. I usually know more about them before they know me and keep things honest and straight up. One night I had a girl in my arms telling me she feels so shy around me and she wants to hang out with me and she had the week open for me. Next thing you noticed she stops talking to me and never hung out. Another thought I came at the perfect moment in her life and would tell me I'm so cool... That Saturday we were supposed to hang out she doesn't answer my call... Another flaked on me and gave me cupcakes and wrote me a letter apologizing to only flake again. I have a million of these haha I'm not trying to rush some relationship just... See where it could go and show affection on the way.

gee i wonder if there are any guys like you around anymore, i feel like i could get any guy who would have fun then be in a relationship at the moment. you ll find someone, im the same age as you..almost..and i have to agree to amrynth, last year i went through a phase of being a party animal, all i ever wanted was to go out hook up and have some fun. i had a terrible break up and its prob why i acted the way i did last year, and this year i am different, im over that phase and ive moved on and maybe there are girls out there like me that just want to have fun but afraid to step up cause they dont want to get hurt again. It takes a long time for a girl to forget a painful relationship... and plus the fact that were are still fairly young. i have the urge to travel all the time and i dont want to stay in one place, i want to experience everything in life before committing to anything serious. so i say have fun and dont worry about, time will tell what will happen and the girl for you will give you no doubts or troubles and i believe that if you stop trying and just focus on your life, you will find the one for you. just be patient...

Archived