I could be screwed

I like this girl, obviously. I think she likes me, and other people have told me that she does. This one guy, who I guess is my friend, a few weeks ago, asked me who I liked, and I said Caitlin, and he told me to ask her out, and I said I would. Anyway, two weeks later tomorrow, I still haven't done it. A bunch of people in my class have found out, and are pressuring me to get it over with. Someone might tell her, which would be bad, but there are other problems. First of all, she's always with her girl friends, so I never really gat a huge opurtunity. Second, I've heard she likes this senior guy, (I'm a sophomore, she's a freshman) but doesn't want a boyfriend. She doesn't seem to like him any better than me though. Just he likes her, and he took her to the semi two months ago (it's the same girl, that I wanted to take, BTW). Also, whenever I get the chance, I feel like an idiot, and so I don't do anything except maybe say "Hi Caitlin" or something. I'm afraid of rejection, because I've already been rejected once this year, by another girl. She might find it weird if I'm just going to go up to her and say "Will you go out with me?" to her. What should I do? Please advise.

There's a lot of ways to begin with before the "would you like to go out with me" phrase. If the 1st thing that comes out of your mouth is asking her out, she'd either feel defensive, and just outright refuse you, even maybe she also likes you; or you get lucky, but I think the chances are not good. So i'd recommend the following.

First, you have to talk to her, just a simple "hi" would suffice. Then you have to find out more about her, let her know about you. A good way to do this without too obvious is to use homework as an excuse, ask her to help you out, like a study partner. Ask her number, tell her if she minds compare notes with you... you get the gist. The more you find out about her, the more informed you will be before your next move. When you're comfortable enough around her, asking her out would just be natural. You have to show her that you have self-confidence, that you're cool just by yourself, and hanging out with her is just icing on the cake. Good luck.

She's already my friend. We say 'Hi' and make conversation sometimes. We know stuff about each other. I know her number, and have talked to her on the phone. She's a grade younger than me, so she has all the classes I had last year. I feel like I can ask her out, but it would just seem weird to randomly walk up to her and do so.

If she already knows you, then it should make things easier. It depends on when do you feel you have the best chances of succeeding. If you'll keep in touch with her for a long time, it'll pay off to know her more before asking her out. But if time is a factor (graduation, etc.), then you may have to take your best chances and ask her out now. But remember, 1 more day you don't ask her out, someone might.

I'd always look for positive body language before asking someone out, but it's not always easy. Just remember don't frighten her by asking her out all of a sudden, it should be very smooth transition. Good luck.

One did not come up. A bunch of us were waiting for our rides this afternoon. I could easily get a ride from my mom, so I purposely did not get on my bus. All of her girl friends that she was talking to were waiting for a bus too, but she was waiting for her mom. I figured the busses would get there first, so I could ask her after they left. But, as it turns out, she left right after my bus left, and right before some of her friends left. So that sucks.

Also, If I was to ask her out, how could I take her somewhere? I dodn't get my driver's liscense until June, so until then, my mom or dad would have to drive us, which would be awkward and I would never do, or meet her there, which isn't very nice. Please answer that, and also, How can I get her alone? I wouldn't ask in front of her friends, or mine either.

I am shy and inexperienced!!!!

That ***ing senior, who is away during school because of senior internships is always hanging around after school. The seniors still have to come back to school for sports, but we didn't have laccrosse today, because both the boys and girls varsity teams had games. I knew Caitlin would stay for the girls game, because a few of her friends play. But she was their with Mary this time, not alone like she was a few weeks ago. Plus Chris, that ***ing senior guy was their for no real reason. I just can't ever get her alone. A few weeks ago would have been the perfect oppertunity to ask her out. But, I felt awkward then, so we just talked. Any advice you guys have would be great.