Time apart... how much is ok, how much is not?

About a month ago my girlfriend of 7 months and I had a big fight, and came very close to breaking up... I told her I need some time off, so I planned a trip to a town where I use to live to visit friends and such... Well my trip is a week away (I'm planning to stay exactly one week) and I don't know if I can be apart that long and I miss her already (not to mention the fact that she never really supported this idea). Now to the question... Is this a bad idea, going for a week for some time alone and time to relax? At the time I felt that we really needed it, but now I'm not so sure, we had spent so much time together before and that was (in my opinion) why we almost broke up, so am I walking into a time bomb by leaving, or avoiding one?

-dan

well it depends on what the fight was over................anyway with me.......we did not decide to give each other space it just kind of happened.... we went from seeing each other and being with each other about 4 to 5 hours a day to about 2 hours or so ever 2 days...........I think not being with her as much has kind of caused me to drift .......my feelings may not be as strong as they were.........of coarse in my case it was this whole year...........due to her being busy with college groups and such. one week should not hurt you....but hey it might give either of you the chance to have the eye wander as well....

I've had girlfriends who have gone away on vacation with their friends for a whole week. During that time, I got to do things that I didn't have a chance to do, but also realized how much I did or didn't miss the person. If she doesn't miss you or if you don't miss her after a week, its a good indication of your feelings. I think time off, is a good thing.