5 Years together, 4 years apart...and I still miss her

Hey - well the subject pretty much sums it up. We spent five years together blindly in love (well I was anyway) and then it ended in a day. That was four years ago and I still miss her.

Two things prompted me to write. Firstly I stumbled accross an old letter I wrote a couple of years ago. I won't bore you with the detail of it but I posted it here (link removed) if you want to see it. I reread it and I still feel the same without the anger. I'm over the 'hit and run' heartache of the breakup. I've had the most interesting varied four years or new activities and new places and people. But still I miss her.

The second thing was a rare enough fling with another girl recently. After all this time I couldn't help but wish it was that girl from four years ago that I was talking to and snuggling up to.

I'm not looking for "the" answer as I don't think it exists like that. Just some thoughts. Thanks.

Lans

Hi,

Wow, 4 years is a long time. Sorry to hear you feel sad.

Haven't you had any contact with her since then? Do you know how to get in touch with her? Maybe you need to do something to get some closure, then you might be able to move on?

I'm sure I'll still look back fondly on my ex in 4 years time, especially if I was to find a letter from the past...

Rich

I've been truly in love 3 times in my life, they will forever be a part of me… part of my soul…part of who I am and they will never leave my heart.

Just as we cannot plan the set of circumstances by which those we love enter our lives, unfortunately sometimes the circumstances by which they leave are similarly beyond our control. Acceptance is the key, the world will not stop turning, you just gotta take a deep breath and go with it.

Have patience, be positive, better yourself, make as many friends as you can and watch… the next person to touch your heart is never that far away.

Take care

Sli

Hey - thanks to all who replied and everyone who read 'the letter'. Just one thing to clarify though although the post sounds kinda sad and the letter probably sounds very sad it's not the way I feel. On the whole I enjoy life, I do new things, I work (too much!) and all the usual stuff. This is what makes it all the more frustrating in a way. To the outside world and to myself my life is back on the rails, so to speak. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that I still don't miss her terribly compared to anyone else. I'm not sitting around obsessed or pining all the time it is just a fact of life.

Lans