Is match.com worth it?

Shorty389

Ummm...excuse me...but I am self-employed and am not thinking of retiring anytime soon! I'm just in the process of buying my first home. My dad just retired this past year at the age of 79....so we can't go there.

I had a guy approach me at a store the other day, and he was 34...

My big issue is NOT retirement, but the kid issue. Mine are 19 and 24...but some still have children at home even at 50....like I did. I did not get married until I was 32...and I do not want to raise a bunch of kids again...

No! 46 and 56 are NOT that different. If it was a guy that was 56 and dating a woman 46, no one would bat an eye. I take it you are young. I also worked with women that when they were in their 30's they thought they were OLD. and acted that way. NOT ME!

I still plan on going Kayaking, white water rafting , and zip-lining within the next 5 years!!! My ex was a little younger than me (not much) but his best friend was over 20 years younger, cuz he said people his age jsut sat around in lazyboy chairs.

That's the kind of guy I'm looking for! Age has nothing to do with it....unfortunately, "MOST" people in their 50's do just want to watch t.v. ...So if I act, and look 46, why can't I date a 46 year old guy again????

So when you are in your 30's, 10 years are no big deal. So if you are 35 you can date someone 25. Lets say they get married. So when that 35 yr. old is 55, and the other is 45...the should get divorced.....this isn't adding up!!

BTW...I do have on my dating site profile...46-59...just in case you are wondering....

I take it you are young.

No.. I'm not young... almost your age

and yes 57 is almost retirement age to someone in their 40's..

Your father retiring in his 70's doesn't mean he wasn't taking his social security at 63

Granted some people wait.. but waiting isn't is the same as can't.

My Mom didn't retire until her 70's as well but she was semi-retired in her low 60's and also taking her social security.

Ask some guy who is 34 if he wants to date someone on SS, see what they say ...

I think you should date men who are in the same place in life as you are.. whatever age that is..

If you can find a 34 year old who lives like a 57 year old then by all means go for it, but it might be easier for you if you look in your own age group..

and yes.. a 47 year old woman dating someone 57 does raise some eyebrows.. it isn't about the sex, it is about the age...

Good for you about putting realistic goals in your OLD profile about the age your are looking for.. hopefully it will yield a decent guy

This is only my opinion.. I'm not trying to insult you but help you understand a viewpoint other than your own..

Feel feel to ignore it and continue on with what your doing.

Im 50ish, got a lot of inquiries (they initiated) and interest to meet. I have limited experience in this area but one common theme I have been picking up is baggage. I know everyone has baggage but I think dating sites have a large number of people rebounding. It is so easy now to just hop on a site a few days after a breakup, there is really no effort involved. I think women who may have been dumped will get some quick positive feedback after taking a hit of a breakup. A common theme on the threads I have read is with the guys is it's a couple messages then poof or one meetup and poof. The reason for this may not have any thing to do with them as much as it has to do with a recent ex in the background. I could be way off but this isn't my first rodeo and so far all the woman I have been in contact with I have picked up on the fact the last relationship they had was not that far in the past (or really ended at all), some have tried to hide it but after awhile talking and asking the right questions you begin to pick it up.

One thing I tried to find out if they do mention a relationship is ask how it ended, identify who the dumper and dumpee are. I know this has been talked about on threads many times but I am a firm believer that woman in a serious relationship will not dump without giving it a lot of thought, bouncing it off friends and family, etc. If they decide to pull the plug they are really done. Now if they are the recent dumpee I think the probability of going poof goes way up once they ex rings again.

Archived