Boyfriend is super expressive after drinking...

Allyo

My boyfriend and I have been dating for around a year and have been officially together for about 8 months. He is usually pretty tight-lipped when it comes to expressing emotion or feelings for me. As in he doesn't say I love you a whole lot, although to be honest I have come to prefer it that way since he is loving in his actions and when he does express himself or say I love you it is all the more special to me.

However, when he has been drinking it is a whole other story! He becomes super loving and expressive... telling me that he loves me a lot and that I am the best thing that has happened to him... or that he wants to be with me forever. Now this hasn't happened just once or twice. The first time it happened I just dismissed it as drunk talk... but this has happened on 4 separate occasions.

I'm not sure if I should take this all in as drunk talk... Maybe he has a hard time expressing his feelings and it becomes a lot easier for him after a couple glasses of wine? I know the easiest thing to do would be ask him, but I always end up feeling so awkward when I start thinking about how to bring it up! I feel so good in the moment I hear him say those sweet things, and I don't ever want to ruin it... What do you all think?

Archived