What's your new hobby?

I love the person who said they are fostering cats!! I have been involved in a cat rescue for year and fostered many kittens in my day. Now I have a housefull of pets and it wouldnt work but it was so fun! I still help the rescue with fund raising events.

I am finally now just able to do my life again, but I am back into yoga, and it is really nice.

I am in my second breakup from the same person.

In the very low phase of the last breakup I saw some advice on here to make a list of hobbies/interests that might be fun to get into. So I made a big list. I knew I couldn't face doing these things just yet, but the knowledge that there were these positive things waiting for me when I was ready really helped. Remembering that I am so much more than this loss that feels like it is currently consuming me.

And after awhile I did something on the list, and that I've been meaning to do for years: I joined a community choir. And I love it! It's the best thing I've done in the past year. I love the singing, and I've met some lovely people. Now that I've been dumped for a second time, weekly choir sessions give me an anchor, something joyful that is nothing to do with him.

My public library was a great place for finding inspiration and info on groups/classes etc. Here I found a brochure about a women's adventure group and went horseriding and did a cool tree climbing thing.

Also, not really a hobby but something I find very comforting when in this awful grief state, is reading kids books that I loved when I little.

I haven't found a true hobby yet. My schedule this past month has been very busy with work and sorting out logistics. However I have found time to take on cross stitching and learning quickly from a friend. I am also working on being a more active Christian. This holiday I want to spend time with my family because we were always on vacation for the past Christmas breaks. When new year comes I want to focus on advancing my career, work on my looks to become even hotter, do some traveling with my family and not being social because I want to be single for at least the next year so I can dedicate all my time to making myself a better person.

Archived