through alot with him but i dont wanna live

like this anymore and dont know what to do

about the situation its making me feel bad

and very stressed!! Im thinking this might be

different if we spend more time together

insted of just the odd weekend and ill be

able to trust him but im also thinking i

should just move on because I still have a

fear of him. Three weeks ago i went down to his city for the weekend and everything was great then the weekend after i told him to come over here for a change and i spent the day shopping for him,getting him a gift before he came over and was looking forward to seeing him but on the way down he was moaning that it was late and when he got here he was telling me that he could have been out with his mates and started going on about the past and he had me in tears after just 5 mins and since that night he has had a bad attitude with me. Keep hanging the phone up and just being disrespectfull and its made me angry and i have shouted at him and now he is saying im evil and i abuse him but i shout at him because of the way he is towards me. Its like he is horrible to me but when he sees or hears me upset his mood changes and he starts being nice and then when i feel better he will start feeling sad and say i have no respect for him and im nasty and then changes again please tell me what i should do about this situation x

People with his kind of dysfuntional, abusive personality don't change without intensive therapy-even then maybe never. I think you may need to read up on abusive relationships and the long term damage they can cause to you, your sanity and your children. If you have done so already then perhaps re-read and reinforce what you know. It is not real Love. There may be good moments that make you hang in there but that is all part of the manipulation and abuse.

If you stay with this man you have a long, exhausting, emotionally depleting, demoralising path ahead of you.

If you search enotalone forum under the word abusive...or other key words , you will find similar stories and advice.

My advice is 'RUN for the hills'. You deserve a loving and supportive partner, not someone you fear and who causes you such distress.

Look after yourself. You do not need his kind of Love. I think you know this. Follow your instinct. Emotions and the heart can lead us astray.

Archived