Should I write this one off?

BrokenLisa

So was seeing this guy, went on a handful of dates. Haven't even been to each others houses yet.

He went away for business (abroad) at the beginning of last week, he said he'd try to give me a call at some stage. Said he's be back on Tuesday ( this week).

Well he never contacted me until this morning to say he's back. I believe he went to visit his cousin ( same country as where we live) straight after coming back from his business trip, but c'mon. I can understand not being in touch while abroad, but I know for a fact he's been back in the same country since Tuesday/Wednesday.

My friend is saying I'm being too harsh writing him off, am I?

I think you need to take a little more initiative than just waiting around for him to call you, Lisa. You have his phone number, you guys have been out a couple times already so what's the deal with just shooting him a nice text or a phone call and asking how the trip is going? I do think that's being harsh that you would write him off so quickly when apparently things have been going at least ok for the most part.

Ok thanks for the comments guys. I guess I just don't want to find myself in a situation where this happens again, or him to think it's ok to disappear later down the line. Also, texting after all this silence is a bit lame as well in my opinion.

he didn't disappear. He waited until he could ask you out again.

Well he never contacted me until this morning to say he's back. I believe he went to visit his cousin ( same country as where we live) straight after coming back from his business trip, but c'mon. I can understand not being in touch while abroad, but I know for a fact he's been back in the same country since Tuesday/Wednesday.

sorry, somehow i missed this the first time i read the thread. he contacted you! that's good! i agree it can take a few days to get 'settled back in.' you're not in an exclusive relationship yet, so i think his level of interaction is fine. have fun!! don't worry!

I just don't think I believe him. This is not the first time this has happened. One time he was too hungover/ill to see me. Second time he didn't confirm where we were meeting up until 45 minutes before the date. If nothing like this had never happened before, I'd me more inclined to give him a chance. I feel like he is on his 4th chance already.

I just don't think I believe him. This is not the first time this has happened. One time he was too hungover/ill to see me. Second time he didn't confirm where we were meeting up until 45 minutes before the date. If nothing like this had never happened before, I'd me more inclined to give him a chance. I feel like he is on his 4th chance already.

Yes ,then I agree with you and would understand if you feel he's too flaky about plans. That would irritate me, too.

Yeah well after hearing that part of the story, I'd be over it too.

Archived