What are the signs that a person secretly has romantic feelings for you?

Threadhead1

Hello everyone. Unfortunately, I have developed a severe craving for a particular forbidden fruit. The "fruit" being a good mutual friend of my soon to be ex, and myself. The relationship btwn us has been over for a long time just needs to be finalized. I suspect my friend secretly has mutual romantic feelings for myself. We both have allot of respect for my byf, which is the reason he probably wouldn't ever give me any indication or act on these "alleged" feelings. It doesn't help that my bf is acting like hes never gonna get over me sigh. Im sure he'll be back to distributing his number faster than he can charge his phone.

I cant help but think if my boyfriend never existed we would of most definitely been more than just friends. I assume it isn't usual for my boyfriends buddy to insist that I join them when they go to night clubs. Something tells me he enjoys my company as much as I do his. lol Im the last person my bf wants 2 babysit in a room filled with beautiful drunk women.

Anyways, even if I was officially single I would never ask a guy something like this, but I am dieing to know if I'm absolutely wrong or right about my hunch. I thought these feelings would eventually subside but as the years go by they get more overwhelming. On the other hand, If I discover he feels nothing for me I can definitely turn off these feelings and put an end to these crazy fantasies I'm having about us falling in love and the possibility of getting married. I wouldn't be hurt at all. It may be because he wouldn't be directly rejecting me which is why I wouldn't put myself in the position to be rejected.

I'm afraid one of these days this information is gonna fly out of my mouth during a drunk dialing incident. Guess I'm old fashioned and rather be courted. Wish I had someone on the inside to casually bring the subject up and get him to talk in "confidence". I know it's a shady thing to do. How can I get the truth without being to forward or putting myself on the line?

Archived