Dressing (over dressing)

Massari

I have a question which I think play a big rule on first impression ( and I think it matters alot). so what do you girls/women think when you see a guy that dressed up very nicely.. I mean I am a guy that tend to dress up very formal and sheek. When I go to a move or it's Club/Party I look more or less the same... . shirt is a must for me I can't wear T-shirt I duuno why I don't feel condident. 8) I mean it's not that I spend a lot of money on clothes No not at all .. I buy pants 2-3 time a year.. shirts the same period. I thing dressing also effects people confidence and how they feel about themsleves!

so when you see someone who looks and dresses (perhaps over done, that is what my parents say) how do you judge him..

1.Gay

2.Wiered!

3.High maintenance, and too much into himself

4.Materialistic

not that your answer should be in here but these are some suggetions that I think may come to a girl/woman's mind.

please say exactly what you think (to offence would be taked) any suggestion is welcome

Hi there,

Maybe I'm too old to be answering but I do want to give you one tip:

I don't like when a guy wears more jewelry than I do. I only wear two rings-one on each hand and earrings, sometimes a bracelet or watch. A guy with too much jewelry looks like a show off to me plus I'm afraid I'll get caught on something he's wearing.

here's another question for ya girls...

how about "under dressed" guys, heh

I always dress really casual, plain T shirt and catkies (never know how to spell that, lol). I never wear anything, no rings no chains no colones nothing. the only thing I put on myself besides clothes is maybe hairgel. I dunno, I just like to be clean and simple, makes me feel good. what do girls think of guys that ALWAYS dress casual like that?

Guys should wear cologne I find it such a turn on when i'm close to a guy and i can smell his cologne, makes me want to get closer and closer..hehe.

As for what you wear, whatever you look comfortable in is usually ok. I like shirts but a nice tshirt is just as good with a pair of jeans. Not a big fan of tracksuit pants however.

I find it cute when a guy dresses up a little to impress a girl, she will obviously be doing the same, but clothes are of little importance if you have the right personality.

My problem is that I have to dress smartly for my job and I have always liked to dress smartly to feel confident, so when I go on a date, it might appear that I haven't made an effort. Ironically, I would demonstrate that I've made more of an effort if I dressed scruffily, but that's not me.

From my observation, when I go clubbing or to a bar, quite a lot of guys do like to dress what they consider smartly, but they always end up looking the same, following the latest styles on TV or in catalogues.

One of the main things that attracts me to a woman is how she dresses and I particularly like an individual, someone who dresses a little differently and has their own style. That's how I like to be as a guy, proud to be me and an individual.

The unfortunate thing is that most girls I meet aren't interested in someone gentle, old fasioned and well dressed like Niles in Frasier.

The unfortunate thing is that most girls I meet aren't interested in someone gentle, old fasioned and well dressed like Niles in Frasier.

I think that is a problem for many men .. not just you..otherwise we wouldn't be single. and one other thing I don't ware jwellery at all so ..(seems to be missunderstood )!!!! personally I don't care what the girl is wearing. as along as she is wearing something disent .... so I don't know why is though if a girl's outfit doesn't effect my judgment about her then why do I care so (too) mucg about the way I look .. maybe women/girls don't care too much either!

As with a lot of answers...

it really REALLY depends on the women. Some women like their men to be all dressed up because they look great on the eyes and it shows that they care about their appearance. When I see a nicely dressed guy, I think "wow, now that's a fine looking guy", no matter what his face is. Good clothes do wonders for guys.

However, for dating, I lean towards guys that dress down. Not sloppy, but just casual. I interpret them as being more down to earth and more ready to have some spontaneous fun with me like climbing a random tree in the street, racing me, etc. I dated a guy with impeccable clothing once, and the only things we did were eat out and go shopping, so I guess that's why I have this impression.

On the other hand, I have a friend who will *only* date nicely dressed men. She nearly swooned when she found out her ex-boyfriend had more clothes than she did.

So don't worry about the way you dress, whether dressed-up or dressed-down. Just make sure it's not so dressed-down that it's sloppy (ie: stains, holes in clothing, completely faded out lettering, etc.).

The one thing that really makes me laugh (and get a bit mad at the same time) is that my parents, grandparents, older friends and a lot of neighbours always comment on how nice I look and how well I dress, but I don't think it matters to girls. I know quite a lot of girls who have boyfriends who are very scruffy and wear horrible clothes, have horrible hair and stuff like that. I think they're with them just because they shout the loudest and have more confidence.

Everyone should just dress how they feel comfortable. I you prefer jeans, wear jeans. If you prefer shirts and trousers, wear them. Being indivudual is great. It's sad when people feel forced to wear certain clothes or have a certain hair-style to fit in.

Not that I'm talking about you, just in general...

The one thing that really makes me laugh (and get a bit mad at the same time) is that my parents, grandparents, older friends and a lot of neighbours always comment on how nice I look and how well I dress, but I don't think it matters to girls. I know quite a lot of girls who have boyfriends who are very scruffy and wear horrible clothes, have horrible hair and stuff like that. I think they're with them just because they shout the loudest and have more confidence.

Everyone should just dress how they feel comfortable. I you prefer jeans, wear jeans. If you prefer shirts and trousers, wear them. Being indivudual is great. It's sad when people feel forced to wear certain clothes or have a certain hair-style to fit in.

Not that I'm talking about you, just in general...

this whole thing applies to me 100% and yet girls seem not to give a damn!!

haha I must be the opposite. My parents are horrified that my new jeans look more worn out than their old jeans. But hey the college girls seem to like it and my clothes feel comfortable on me. Sometimes I'll dress up a bit like a button down shirt (not tucked in) but usually just a t-shirt and jeans or shorts. I think girls go for guys with self-confidence and guys who don't dress up too much ALL the time. But I guess its what you feel comfortable in......personally I am def not comfortable in slacks and a tucked in shirt. blah

that's funny northern light, what you said is exactly the main reason why I like to dress casually, I think it accentuates well my spontanious and kind of a careless attitude. I mean I do think I look better if I dress up a little bit, but then I'd start sacraficing the attitude from my ideal. I try to find a balance in between but usually end up putting more emphasis on getting the right attitude than looking good..

as for cologne, I considered it but thought it's a bit over on the "trying" side... and it kind of goes against my clean and simple principle.

having said that, I do find it pleasant to be close by a girl with a VERY slight aroma (and by that I mean VERY slight, anything more than that becomes really repulsive and makes me just want to get the hell away).

I don't know anything about colognes, but I guess if there's anything subtle that suits me I'd be sitting on the fence about using it. Any of you girls have suggestions? my brain chemistry doesn't work the same way as girls so I think it might be kind of hard for me to judge what smells good to them...